Antec Fusion Remote v2 case (1 Viewer)

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have read a bit in the soundforge forums and their support is not really promising....

So what I found out is:
    a) LCD turns on again when PC is off completly seems to be an existing problem that can not be solved a.t.m. (since a year or so). I will use S3, so probably not a big deal, but I will try it out
    b) LCD quality & brightness: Soundforge seems to be putting the filter on the LCD in the wrong alignment (polization needs to be aligned correctly). If I find my LCD to be bad I will see what I can do. There are some tricks available with acetate & polarization foil (you can even change the color).
    c) Power Led. I will have a look as well, might put in a resistor to reduce the brightness or put some foil on it. Will see later & post about it.

Ericjuh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have read a bit in the soundforge forums and their support is not really promising....

So what I found out is:
    a) LCD turns on again when PC is off completly seems to be an existing problem that can not be solved a.t.m. (since a year or so). I will use S3, so probably not a big deal, but I will try it out
    b) LCD quality & brightness: Soundforge seems to be putting the filter on the LCD in the wrong alignment (polization needs to be aligned correctly). If I find my LCD to be bad I will see what I can do. There are some tricks available with acetate & polarization foil (you can even change the color).
    c) Power Led. I will have a look as well, might put in a resistor to reduce the brightness or put some foil on it. Will see later & post about it.

Can you keep us updated? because i really wanted to know about the resistor.

You should be able to configure the behavior of the LCD after shutdown within the iMON Manager.

That is a total different case. You can't adjust the LCD behavior when the pc is powered off by changing settings in iMON.

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    That is a total different case. You can't adjust the LCD behavior when the pc is powered off by changing settings in iMON.
    Not per se, but you can configure iMON to turn the LCD off, when the iMON manager exits, which is the case when shutting the PC down. I do not know why the LCD would turn on after the PC shuts down in your case, I never had that problem on any of the Fusion Remote cases, that I used.

What you cannot configure is the state of the LCD, when the PC loses power completely and regains it later on. The LCD light will definitely be active then.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So, I got the case installed and it works fine! The display is a bit too bright, that is true (seems to be the badly rotated filter issue), but the display goes of when the system is off (and it stays of). The PAD Remote is really sensitive, so I am not sure if I will keep it (I have an MCE as well).

I still have a lot to do (the system is not even networked yet, I need to prepare the cables), antenna is not hooked up but the basic installation is done.

sclec

Portal Member
    October 6, 2011
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello,

I have an Antec Remote Black with LCD Display and RM200 Remote.

After many try and configuration, now alls work "fine".

For LCD Display i used IMon and MniDisplay plugin. I don't used Imon for configure Lcd, only Minidisplay. I 've only one problem with lcd power off.
    - When Pc is on, i have the hours
    - When Media Portal is on, i have several indication (Menu, movie title and length...) I can play music or radio without power on the tv.
    - When Pc is off, sleep or hibernation, sometime Lcd is off, another is on with hour... I have try many configuration but i don't find for power off lcd always when pc is off !

For RM200 Remote i used IMon and Keyboard Plugin.
    I have used keyboard simulation in IMon and i configure the same keyboard shortcut in keyboard input plugin. The remote is not very nice, but now it work and i can do all i need in media portal.

Attachments

• Remote1.jpg
      Remote1.jpg
      73.7 KB
    • remote2.jpg
      remote2.jpg
      90 KB
    • remote3.jpg
      remote3.jpg
      72.3 KB
    • LCD1.jpg
      LCD1.jpg
      72 KB
    • LCD2.jpg
      LCD2.jpg
      50 KB
    • LCD3.jpg
      LCD3.jpg
      91.6 KB

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    - When Pc is off, sleep or hibernation, sometime Lcd is off, another is on with hour... I have try many configuration but i don't find for power off lcd always when pc is off !
    In the FrontView options, did you set the option to turn off the LCD backlight, when iMON is closed? It's the option between the text scroll settings and the contrast setting at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom