Antec Fusion Remote v2 case (1 Viewer)

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ntexplorer: Thanks. I wanted to try that anyway, since it now supports the iMon API to control the LCD. Sounds like a winner

porky: I agree, but you have to show me how you fitted 5 HDDs into that one...

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: AW: Antec Fusion Remote v2 case

@Spooky
    As i wrote before, you can learn this command in Logitech software from the original remote. But you have to use the "Binary" mode for learning. After that, i haven't problems anymore.
    Oh I see, so you actually learned all the commands from the RM200 remote, instead of using the existing commands from the Logitech database?

Ericjuh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    the case is really cool and i looks like a cool HiFi set. But i have a big problem with the case and after 4 weeks i'm replacing the case with another one. Problems i have are:

- remote is just to sensitive
    - powerled is to bright
    - Quality of the LCD is really bad
    - I have a big problem with LCD not going out when pc is shutting down.

Can't turn LCD off when computer is switched off - Soundgraph Forums

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the info Ericjuh. The stuff was delivered today, so I will have a little work before me. I will see how I get around the issues.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    The points raised by Ericjuh are valid ones, I got around them like this:-

- remote is just to sensitive - used a MCE one instead

- powerled is to bright - just disconnect it inside the case. It is a molex power (possibly grey?!?!) connector with only two small wires coming out of it. Located just above the LCD display IIRC.

- Quality of the LCD is really bad - You can adjust the brightness and contrast. I don't find it too bad, but it is a personal choice.

- I have a big problem with LCD not going out when pc is shutting down - you can tell it to turn off in the iMon software. Mine is only on when MP is running, at all other times it is off.

Ericjuh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The points raised by Ericjuh are valid ones, I got around them like this:-

- I have a big problem with LCD not going out when pc is shutting down - you can tell it to turn off in the iMon software. Mine is only on when MP is running, at all other times it is off.

The second my pc is going off the display is going on again. Even if i turn it off in imon the display is going on when the pc is off.

Basicly i have this situation:

- Mediaportal -> Display is on
    - Windows -> Display is off (with the option you posted)
    - Pc off -> Display is going on

- remote is just to sensitive - used a MCE one instead

- powerled is to bright - just disconnect it inside the case. It is a molex power (possibly grey?!?!) connector with only two small wires coming out of it. Located just above the LCD display IIRC.

- Quality of the LCD is really bad - You can adjust the brightness and contrast. I don't find it too bad, but it is a personal choice.

Your right about those points, but the remote, lcd and the cool looking case are the points i bought the case :) And the case is still looking really cool. Because of those points i really wanne replace the case, but there isnt any case that is as cool as this one.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Eric,

You just got me thinking about the LCD display. I'm sure mine goes out when box is off :confused: - but, I don't turn it off much due to using Powerscheduler++ which just puts it into a S3 sleep with the display off. It is used as a server by a two clients, and using Powerscheduler++ is a great way to auto shutdown & wake up when needed- so I maybe giving you some false info there.

I do know what you mean about the LCD staying on, when the box is off, mine used to do that - it just showed the clock using a horrible font.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom