Any current/former SageTV users here? (1 Viewer)

Steve2112

August 27, 2006
Hi,

I found this site via a thread that was posted over on sagetv.com - are there any current or former SageTV users here?

How does this program compare to Sage? Would it be an upgrade or a downgrade?

I just wanted to find out before I setup a test PC to try it out if possible....

Thanks for any help!

Steve

JasonMeudt

August 23, 2006
How does this program compare to Sage? Would it be an upgrade or a downgrade?

Well... let's just say that they are different. MP appears to be much more 'eyecandy' than Sage is currently. There are tons of plugins that attempt to do MUCH more than Sage currently does...

However, unless I am wrong, MP still is not client/server based... Sage can use the MVP, while MP cannot... Stability still goes to Sage...

So in short... both have their faults... both have their strengths... Try both out and see if either of them meet your needs...

-Jason

NLS

Portal Pro
April 26, 2006
Home Country
Greece Greece
...the tv part

as for stability excuse me, but my 0.2.0.4 is pretty stable

roosterx

Portal Pro
April 24, 2006
Högsäter, Sweden
Home Country
Norway Norway
In my experience the other ones are right, sagetv is more stable - though al lot more work to set up(especially for pps living in europe) - and also a lot of customization to get it to what i want - i get sage to be 90% of what i want..(winamp plugin/sagemc16x9/zoom player) - the last 10% is all the problems i get with setting up zoom-player to do all i want through my remote - and then there is the skin's in which looks quite dated on SageTV - though as of now we have mostly same skins on MP ;)

MP is for me never a 100% of what i want, and i seem to be the only one with these problems 1. problem was (now firedtv remote in which do work 100% when it does not hang ;)) my hauppauge 34 button remote in which always has and still do doubleclick at times for some reason(this has never been a problem with sage), the other problems i got with MP is that it at times just freezes.. though i am running SVN's so that may be the solution to that.. and who knows maybe that is the problem with my FireDTV remote also stop responding(but mouse works). The last problem i have is with my combination of pvr250 and FireDTV-t tuner - i want one programlisting for both the analog and the digital one - but no matter how many times i combine these, or delete the xtra channels that seem to appear in my tv guide - they are still back when i restart MP ;)

I've been back and forth with sagetv and MP since the beginning of MP and since SageTV 2.x - and i'm still at MP now.. MP has come a long long way since i first tested this sw - and i like the way it is going - i will love MP the day engine 0.3 is released.. so right now i try to live with the small faults until 0.3.. thats when life gets a new meaning ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom