Any news from the "Home Plugin" front? (1 Viewer)

NLS

Portal Pro
April 26, 2006
Home Country
Greece Greece
I am very sorry to say that I don't check on updates as much as I did in the past and I still keep on my HTPC the last version that Home Plugin was in fact configurable (bad implementation but still it worked).

After that Home Plugin in fact LOST functionality, pending some future rewrite.

So is this rewrite coming any time soon?

Everything else seems to have been perfected, but still something as vital as the front end (not the graphics part, as this also got perfected), didn't change (AFAIK).

Will there be ability to eliminate this "My Plugins" thing, and in fact morph the menu as someone likes? (like calling 3rd party software directly from Home root menu, like calling the same module more than once with different parameters, creating submenus at will etc.)

It is weird that this (basic, if you ask me) functionality is out, as many (if not all?) other HTPC oriented programs do implement this (even old obsolete ones). The reply to this post is NOT "then why don't you use one of those".

Is it something that is in the checklist for sometime soon?
Or ever?

Thanks.

jbaughb

October 17, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
reviving this thread because I am also very curious about this. Customizable submenus and the ability to call the same plugin multiple times would be very helpful.

NLS

Portal Pro
April 26, 2006
Home Country
Greece Greece
...and exactly TWO years after reviving the thread (and 2.5 after the thread started)

anything new?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom