Any one have any luck using the new import dat files (1 Viewer)

Darkjasper

Portal Member
February 21, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
So I have been looking around the net for dat files and found some. But they are just dat format and not xml and the ones that are in xml that link to dats dont import any information for my roms. I saw a post on setting up mame games but I am more involved in the nes,snes,genisis and n64 roms.

Any help on were to get database files that actually work with importing would be awesome.

buddman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2008
    TX
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I've been manually updating my database, but it's going to take forever. If I complete any sets I'll be sure to post my xml file (I'm nearly done with the NES ones), but you may not have the exact same rom names. I've found no way yet to import any data to have all my roms be updated automatically. I really hope this gets implemented in the plugin soon as I do not looking forward to manually updating SNES, N64, and Sega Genesis ones....

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Sad to see you replied so late, I've long since moved from 32bit to 64bit, so you've gone through all that trouble to help me for nothing. Thanks anyway. Emph
    Sad to see you replied so late, I've long since moved from 32bit to 64bit, so you've gone through all that trouble to help me for...
    ************************************************* EDIT 2019-04-29: New version, see Gitlad for change log. Thank you SINCowboy So...
    Replies
    Views
    Anecdotal testimonies are not helpful. If you guys would like to continue this chat, I'll move this thread to the Café section. The discussion about your issues is taking place here: Installation failing
    Anecdotal testimonies are not helpful. If you guys would like to continue this chat, I'll move this thread to the Café section...
    I have been looking for a replacement to Windows Media Center for a little over a year.No luck. Now, I'm no Microsoft fanboy, but I...
    Replies
    Views
    UPDATE: Via checking the log files myself, I saw that when the EPG refresh was working, an event was logged for each time the grabber started and stopped. However after it apparently stopped working, no events of any kind were logged - even when I clicked the button to manually refresh. I still have no idea what caused this. Anyway...
    UPDATE: Via checking the log files myself, I saw that when the EPG refresh was working, an event was logged for each time the...
    Dear MediaPortal experts, I use MediaPortal TV server as a back-end to Kodi. Until yesterday, it was working almost fine (I...
    Replies
    Views
    Sorry to hear that you have to go to hospital. I hope that all wil be fine. In fact you have already all the information needed. The database name and the table name are the same than in mySQL for ArgusTV. How can I provide you the Backup file ?
    Sorry to hear that you have to go to hospital. I hope that all wil be fine. In fact you have already all the information needed...
    Hi. I like to introduce our latest tool, called "EPG-Buddy". This program should make EPG grabbing as easy as possible. Up to now a...
    Replies
    Views
    Historical reasons, so that if you update to a new version and it fails, you can go back to old one. As to why it keeps more than just the "previous" one, that I don't know. Probably made sense when it was designed (y)
    Historical reasons, so that if you update to a new version and it fails, you can go back to old one. As to why it keeps more than...
    The IMDb+ scraper-script and plugin combination for Moving-Pictures is the first scraper to support custom options, allowing you to...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom