Anybody using the NVidia DualTV? (1 Viewer)

Underfunded

Portal Member
December 7, 2005
NH
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Is anybody else using the NVidia DualTV?

If so, have you been able to get it to work with the Server?
- So far I have not been able to acquire any channels with mine under the server, but it works under regular MP.

Lets see if we can brainstorm and options or ideas about the card that might not let it work if other people are having this problem.

Ian.

Bram

Portal Pro
December 12, 2005
's-Hertogenbosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I had an Aopen dualtuner which uses a NVTV (nvidia) chipset. I wasn't able to get it to work with the server. It made server crash as soon as I tried to scan for chanels. Other cards worked fine.
because of this and because of that both of these Aopen dualtunercards I've had had electrical interferance in some chanels I've brought them back to the shop and got myself a Haupage WinTV PVR150MCE (singletuner) and put that one next to my AverTV PVR150MCE. Better TV quality and supported by MP. The NVTV chips and cards are low budget and it's very noticable.

Underfunded

Portal Member
December 7, 2005
NH
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Bram,
the nvidia dualtv is different than the other cards that use the NVTV chipset. From my understanding the new DualTV uses a newer chipset, no tthe old NVTV. Correct me if I am wrong.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The only thing that may be stopping you using the new TVEngine is full BDA driver support.

The Trouble with Nvidia they think they know best regarding drivers etc.

If you own a motherboard with Nvidia chipsets, you'll know what i mean.

See if there are any updates for your card and make sure they are installed properly, have found with the bluebird usb side of mine, shows up in windows update as not the latest (yes it was at the time), anyway did the update and it solved one problem.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom