Anyone Interested in a Zinc Plugin? (1 Viewer)

Atreides

Portal Pro
June 28, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
No problem. Does anyone know if they can do a x64 version of this?

Legomaniac

Portal Member
October 8, 2009
I am having the same issue as the guy above, when I click launch nothing happens, maybe because my primary drive letter is h?

This plugin would make mp the clear winner, thanks for your help...

Legomaniac

Portal Member
October 8, 2009
Well, I tried editing the .dll file to change the two paths it had to H:/ instead of C:/, this unfortunatly did not work...

I did however find out in the process that this computer I am going to use for my HTPC is a 64 bit machine, and it seems now that I have the exact same problem as the guy above...

Any idea is there is some other edit I can do to the hex file to get it to work?

Thanks again,

Legomaniac

Atreides

Portal Pro
June 28, 2008
Home Country
Yeah, if you have a 64 bit machine than your 32 bit programs, Zinc, are in the folder program files (x86), instead of just Program Files. I think the zinc plugin is looking in Program Files, so I believe that is the problem and I think you will need to recompile it to look in a different folder.

Legomaniac

Portal Member
October 8, 2009
Do I need to recompile the file if I use a hex editor to change the path?

I don't know much about the production flow of programming, so i'm not sure how to change anything other than just editing it in a hex editor...

Thanks for the reply,

Legomaniac

Legomaniac

Portal Member
October 8, 2009
GOT IT TO WORK!!!

I edited the hex file just to change the drive letter, so it didn't change the filesize, so that worked fine.

As far as getting it to launch zinc, I just moved zinc to the directory path that was listed in the .dll file, and it worked fine!!

I used HxD for the hex editor, which is freely available on download.com.

I think the latest directory structure for zinc is different from the one that was out when this plugin was made. All that I had to do was put all of the files and folders in zinc's main directory into one more sub-directory called zviewer.

Hope this helps you man! PM me if you can't get it to work.

Woohoo!

Atreides

Portal Pro
June 28, 2008
Home Country
Hey, way to go, that is really smart. I never thought to move the Zinc file to the one in the dll. durp! Thanks for the advice and time you spent working on it.

Dale#1976

Portal Pro
September 21, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
I just stumbled across Zinc in the last month and been running it as a stand alone. This Zinc plug-in is just what I've been looking for but I can't find it in the Plug-in section of the MP site.

Is the zinc plug-in no longer available? Is it available somewhere else?

Thank you!!

Dale

vii

Portal Member
May 4, 2011
Home Country
I managed that in a different way.
My OS is Windows 2008 R2 and I have a customized directory structure. After Zinc installation I have zv.exe in D:\prog86\ZeeVee\Zinc. However plugin is looking for it in "C:\Program Files\ZeeVee\zv\zViewer".
I created ZeeVee\zv folders in C:\Program Files and then created directory junction zViewer pointing to D:\prog86\ZeeVee\Zinc as follows
mklink /j zViewer D:\prog86\ZeeVee\Zinc
So that allows to start zinc from MP regardless where zinc is installed.

However I faced another issue.
My TV is confugured in Windows as a secondary monitor. MP has a wise setting specifying on which monitor MP should be started. Sure I am starting it on my TV. However zinc does not have a setting for that. I would appreciate if anyone can give me an idea what to do or suggests a workaround.
Sure I can configure my TV to be a primary monitor and then it works but that ruins the whole idea to have computer available while someone is whatching MP on TV.

----------------------

Never mind I got it working. If you start Zinc (just in a regular way, not from MP) and move its window manually to another screen then next time it starts on this screen.

Now I am fighting another problem.

Some videos work fine but others popping up with an error that Adobe Flash Player is not there. I belive it ralates to the issue that Adobe Flash Player is available in 32 bit edition only but somehow some sources (e.g. ABC) are trying to locate a 64-bit one.
Does anyone know what can be done about that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom