Anyone Interested in a Zinc Plugin? (3 Viewers)

pyedog

Portal Member
February 20, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hmmm, it opens full-screen for me. I don't recall changing any settings to make that happen, I think it always did. Are you using Zinc Beta 3?

Zinc is full screen - but shows like Hulu do not go full screen automatically. Some do like Fox - but many do not.
It would be nice to have something in MP that would force full screen or automate a remote button to switch to full screen.

MD-Runner

Portal Member
July 31, 2008
Home Country
Hmmm.... I wouldn't think the skin wouldn't make any difference - at least not in this way. I checked Zinc settings and didn't find anything that would be relevant. I tried launching Zinc from within MP both with it running in the background and with it closed and both times it opened on top of MP. I'll have to think some more about this one. Anyone else have ideas?

There is a setting in Zinc to tell it to launch all shows in Full-Screen. It's under the settings on the far left column. Maybe that's it?

Kulaa

Portal Member
February 4, 2009
Home Country
That is checked for me also. Question is are you logging into Hulu or just watching. I am just watching and have not tried to log in to see if it auto fullscreens.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Hmmm.... I wouldn't think the skin wouldn't make any difference - at least not in this way. I checked Zinc settings and didn't find anything that would be relevant. I tried launching Zinc from within MP both with it running in the background and with it closed and both times it opened on top of MP. I'll have to think some more about this one. Anyone else have ideas?

There is a setting in Zinc to tell it to launch all shows in Full-Screen. It's under the settings on the far left column. Maybe that's it?

Hi MD-Runner,
    I had users with this same issue with My NetFlix. I was able to resolve it by turning off the 'MP on top' while I am playing a video, then turn it back on whenever they close the video window.

If you would like a sample of what I have done let me know and I would be happy to share it.

Wile E.

haplo13

May 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Thanks for this plugin. Zinc seems to be the answer for me until true Hulu integration with MP exists.

I have a few questions/requests:
    1) Is it possible to Launch Zinc directly from the main My Zinc menu item instead of going to a screen with a launch button?
    2) Is it possible to change the name displayed in the menu from My Zinc to something else (for example, I want it to say "My Online Videos").
    3) Can you include a Blue3 hover image? Right now there is no image shown when I hover over the My Zinc menu item. Maybe I'll use the image from the OnlineVideos plugin for now.

Thanks

MD-Runner

Portal Member
    July 31, 2008
    Home Country

Hi MD-Runner,
    I had users with this same issue with My NetFlix. I was able to resolve it by turning off the 'MP on top' while I am playing a video, then turn it back on whenever they close the video window.

If you would like a sample of what I have done let me know and I would be happy to share it.

Wile E.
    Yes, would you mind sending me that? a.d.buckingham at gmail.com

Thanks for this plugin. Zinc seems to be the answer for me until true Hulu integration with MP exists.

I have a few questions/requests:
    1) Is it possible to Launch Zinc directly from the main My Zinc menu item instead of going to a screen with a launch button?
    2) Is it possible to change the name displayed in the menu from My Zinc to something else (for example, I want it to say "My Online Videos").
    3) Can you include a Blue3 hover image? Right now there is no image shown when I hover over the My Zinc menu item. Maybe I'll use the image from the OnlineVideos plugin for now.

Thanks
    As for suggestion #1, yes I am planning to change it to that. #2 I think is possible, but I'm new at writing in C# so I'll have to figure that one out. #3 Yes, I will do that as well. I'll try and get a new version out ASAP. Thanks for the suggestions.

Atreides

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Hey I tried to use this plugin but Zinc will not launch from MP for me. I think it has something to do with the fact I am running 64 bit vista and that zinc is located in Program Files (x86) and not just Program Files. My log states can't find the specified file. I would really appreciate it if you could fix this since I would love to get zinc going with MP. Thanks.

chickendoe

September 9, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello to media portal members. I am new to media portal . I have recently installed it on my windows vista pc. most of the other plugins that I have used are working. I then installed ZeeVee's Zinc plugin . zinc works fine outside the MP. I have got the plugin tab for ZeeVee's Zinc plugin in MP. But when I press this to start zinc in MP it starts outside of MP. Having the MP in foreground it is not possible to watch the zinc player in the background i.e outside MP. what could I have done wrong. I have followed all instructions as described and I am using the right skin for MP. Your help is much appreciated.

chickendoe

Atreides

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Did you uncheck the option to keep mediaportal on top? It is in the general section of MP configuration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom