Anyone use MediaMonkey? (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Anyone here use MediaMonkey (http://www.mediamonkey.com) to organise their music?
I'm part-way through changing some of the music database code to allow MP to connect to a MM database rather than use the MP database. If there's no call for it I won't bother submitting it as a patch (don't want to slow down main MP development), I'll just keep it on my own machine.

A

Anonymous

yeah, the monkey sucks. If you try to reorganize you albums into directories, albums with multiple artists get spit up. It does not filter out acceptible characters from the tags (i.e.: / ? ") from the file name it tries to create resulting in an error, or in the case of a tag with "/" in it, a lost file as it made a sub sub directory. Avoid it at all costs. If you do use it, make a back up of your files so that when it borks them, you can get them back and I can say I told ya so :wink:

rodyla

May 7, 2006
Mediamonkey

I would love to see a plugin that can use the mediamonkey dbase. I think mediamonkey is a very powerfull program to use with big amount of MP3's. Unfortunatly the letters on a non HD TV are to small to work with the program on my HTPC. So if anyone has a plugin or a different solution to use Mediamonkey on a normal TV, please let me know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom