Anyone using the Hauppauge HVR-4000? (1 Viewer)

bruizerbg

December 11, 2007
North Shore, Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Greetings - I'm in New Zealand and am using the new HVR-4000. Have no problems with the DVB-S side of things and the TVNZxml epg works fine but I cannot get the Analogue part of the card to build a preview in the TV cards menu of the configuration. I get an error that says it can't build a preview...
Any assitance would be appreciated.
Bruce

Mew

Portal Pro
January 11, 2007
Hertfordshire
Home Country
England England
Hi Bruce

I use a pair of HVR-4000s. I used them successfully for DVB-S. I then moved house and am currently using them for DVB-T (until I install my new dish). I did use analogue but this was with a PVR-500 as this has twin tuners with hardware encoding.

I have read there were issues with using the analogue side mostly because of it being a software based encoder rather than hardware based. I believe people have found it tricky to get these working with MediaPortal. This applies to both the HVR-3000 and HVR-4000.

I may have read (but I can't be sure) that someone had suggested that if you install the MCS_soft_encoder that comes with the drivers it is possible to use the analogue tuners in MediaPortal, but I can't verify this.

Mew

bruizerbg

December 11, 2007
North Shore, Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Got it working...

Mew - thanks very much for your reply. I did find that post you are referring to and had just assumed that the Soft Encoder had been installed when I loaded the card, but no. Once I installed the encoder properly my Media Portal system is a new beast so I'm very pleased.

Best regards,
Bruce Guthrie
New Zealand.

bruizerbg

December 11, 2007
North Shore, Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Analogue card now tunes ok but channels wont show in myTV...

Got my analogue card working but the channels won't show up in myTV.
All the DVB-S2 tuned channels appear ok but when I insert 2 analogue channels into the DVB-S2 group they won't play. If I stop MP and go into configuration mode to check that the analogue card is still tuned ok - they're fine but still won't play in myTV.
Am I missing a setting here to make this work correctly?

Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom