Anyway to disable video mini-mode when switching screens? (1 Viewer)

Jakobkraft

Portal Member
December 4, 2010
I have the awesome Multishortcut plugin configured to open PowerDVD whenever I want to watch a Blu-ray disc - great feature ever since my standalone deck died.
But my live-in nephew has this habit of watching a video in MediaPortal, then clicking back to the main screen WITHOUT stopping the video, then selecting the 'Watch Blu-Ray disc' shortcut I created. Now, normally if I select this shortcut WITHOUT a video playing, then PowerDVD opens cleanly and normally. BUT if I select the 'Watch Blu-Ray disc' shortcut WHILE a video is playing (in the PREVIEW mode on the Home screen), then PowerDVD opens NOT ON TOP, since having a video playing causes MediaPortal to stay focused. Even if I make PowerDVD 'Always On Top', it will open on top of MediaPortal, but will STILL NOT be focused.

Since my nephew is too crazy to simply stop video playback before switching screens (and likes to bother me whenever this happens), I only have two options: I can use an external player for videos, thus eliminating the possibility of a video preview mode.
Or: I can disable the video preview mode, if possible, so PowerDVD will always open normally.

I would really like to continue to use the excellent internal video player -- so is there a way to disable video preview mode when switching screens? In case it's not clear what I'm talking about, see screenshot: http://img263.imageshack.us/f/mpscreenshot.jpg/

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom