AOL/XM music plugin? (1 Viewer)

Oyjord

Portal Member
July 3, 2007
Hi all,

I've been using MS MCE for a while now and I've just recently started looking towards MP as an alternative.

One of the things I love about MCE is the AOL/XM radio streams plugin. It gives the user a huge variety of free AOL and XM radio streams, from "All Pearljam" to "Classical." Just love it.

If I could find something like this for MP I'd leave MCE in the dust. Is there any AOL/XM radio stream plugins for MP, or perhaps a comprehensive plugin for other internet radio streams?

Thanks,
Oyjord.

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Last.fm streams are built in and they offer something pretty close to what you are looking for. You could set up a tag radio stream with the tag "pearl jam" (for example) and probably get something really close to what you currently have.

Oyjord

Portal Member
July 3, 2007
Thanks!

I tried loading last.fm and I get an error when I launch it from within My Plugins, something like "Radio handshake failed. Streams may not be available" or something like that.

Is the site down, or is my config wrong perhaps?

Thanks a bunch,
Oy.

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
You'll also need an account with last.fm and you'll have to set up your tags on their website. MediaPortal will then download the tags from the last.fm servers and then you can start the streams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom