Apollo One (4 Viewers)

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    On the other hand I did not realize similar in Titanium skin. But in titanium skin the fanart is moving and the loading time might be longer than the short flickering time of another pic we see now, could be a reason why it's not visible there.
    Thanks - exactly the same here and I had the exact same suspicion why it doesn't show in Titanium ;)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    We could simply remove the FallbackSource.
    Hm, if the FanartService is not able to provide fanart, it makes of course sense to have the fallback. But if the FanartService does have fanart, but it need to be downloaded from MP2-Server first, I would not first display the thumb-fallback and then 0.2 seconds or so later take the image from the FanartService. So maybe we could change the condition under which the fallback kicks in...
    For the MI the thumbnail will be used, if possible.
    That's how I think it works in the Videos section. But in movies, I get different thumbs in the left small-thumb-area than in Videos. Is Movies using only images from the FanArt service?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That's how I think it works in the Videos section. But in movies, I get different thumbs in the left small-thumb-area than in Videos. Is Movies using only images from the FanArt service?

I maybe was wrong: now all content (thumbs, posters,...) should be loaded via Fanart service. I removed loading of ThumbnailAspect by default.

Can you open fiddler or similar? You should be able to trace all requests of fanart loading. Maybe you see the cause this way.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Would it be possible to point the MP2 fanart service to the MP1 thumbs folder while testing?
    No, this is not possible. MP2 doesn't know anything about the MP1 thumbs structure.

If someone wants to add support for it, he should implement a MP2-Server plugin (IFanartProvider) which takes over the MediaItem's ID, does a path lookup from MediaLibrary and then decide in which folder it needs to look for a MP1 thumb. And it should know the correct filename.

To be clear: I don't have MP1 installed anymore, so I won't code this. But I can give help to devs who like to contribute this.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @wizard123 and @ge2301 what do we need to continue on ApolloOne? I have the feeling we are in kind of deadlock currently ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom