[Music] Apple Airplay Private Key published (1 Viewer)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Larsbin,

You feel free to write the plugin.

The team will probably not allow it to be hosted on the forum (I don't speak for the team, I am only one member) and may well make every effort to distance themselves from it.

Wait for the call from Apple's lawyers.

Look, all we are doing is pointing out that there is a risk of being sued. Remember that you do not have to actually be guilty of anything to be sued. Just that someone who can afford to sue you believes you are. MediaPortal is a small team, and I don't think anyone fancies the idea of spending their valuable time and possibly even money defending a court case that can easily be avoided.

I can already play my music wherever I have a MediaPortal computer. I either connect to my server (which is always running for TV) and access the media on there, or I access files on the local hard drive. As I said, I don't see the need for this, compared to the headache it could be.

Of course you will think I am wrong. Oh well.

Mark

larsbln

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2010
    Germany
    AW: Apple Airplay Private Key published

No I don't think you're wrong. I appreciate your warnings regarding this. After clearing MP's point of view I think there will be interesting projects in the future.

larsbln

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2010
    Germany
    AW: Apple Airplay Private Key published

the airportal project (btw: catchy name) seems to be on the right track. The autor has two similar projects
    for MP.

Nice one

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom