Completed Apple Hardware - all the way! (1 Viewer)

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Hi guys,

So I've had a bunch of HTPCs thus far from Shuttle's to home built but my current setup is soooooo sweet I had to post.

I've got a server tunning TV Server and then a Mac Mini next to each of my 3 tvs and an iMac 24" as my bedroom TV.

The apple hardware is awesome. The Mac mini's are silent - you can't hear them even in the dead of night.

Just had to post / boast :)

piranha

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2005
    The only thing I have to do is agree with this post.
    Extemely happy with my MiniMac and wouldn't swap it for any other HTPC HW for that price :)
    Connected to Drobo array gives a nice view of a miniaturized HTPC solution.

Bagal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 15, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Guys your killing us!:D
    A picture paints a thousand words and all that....;)

piranha

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2005
    Ok here you go.

Those are the shots of my system.

Not much stuff visible, and I want to stay it this way :)

This is the keyboard I use, and as a remote of course MCE remote. The Mac remote doesn't have that many keys :)

Drobo is my house-wide storage device shared thru network across all devices at home. Currently it has 3 bays filled with 1 TB drives.

All above system is noiseless and barely visible. For TV I use DVB-T hybrid hauppage usb card.

Bagal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 15, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Very nice! :D

I'm in the mood to upgrade my living room media center, can't decide whether to go for a mac mini or something a bit beefier, I've spent a lot of time and money trying to quieten the existing system, it's ok but it could be better.

jcee

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2004
    What I did not understand:

Are you guys running Mediaportal on these macminis or something else like EyeTV etc..?!

A colleague recently gave up on MP and TVcentral as he believed the variaty of hardware and software (drivers, patches) and the unlimited number of combinations gives lots of trouble and takes too much work getting stable..

So he decided to go for a macmini and run eyetv.
    He now is really satisfied. (Ok, not that much feature like MP) but it runns like a charm and had no crash for weeks now...

piranha

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2005
    As you see on the screenshot I am running regular MediaPortal.
    I use the Apple's bootcamp to install Windows XP on minimac, and since then it becomes regular PC machine :)

piranha

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2005
    Went thru some different cards, and had ups and downs.
    With this particular Happage, I also had a problem. The first card was simply defective and had to replace it with a new one.
    Since then no issues whatsoever.
    FYI there are new models of MiniMacs coming out, they got processor upgrade. So the fastest (out of the box of course) is Core 2 Duo 2 GHz. If you interested in hacking it, you can always play with processor upgrade by yourself :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom