[Application] Basic Home Editor V0.1a (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Have a chat with Paranoid Delusion though - he's been asking for an editor for ever

Yep, but not the knowledge to do more than simple xml editing :(

The people who really would have more idea about this are Trevor and Sambal (the later has not been around for a long time), or ltfearme the author of StreamedMP, these are the people who really know the issues surrounding the basichome.xml and any editing anomolies, and of course harley, but he's busy working on Blue3 4:3 updates, but the more people involved in this, then the easier it may become to produce a universal editor.

Regards

TheMightySpu

Portal Member
    April 22, 2009
    Middle of the UK
    Home Country
    No probs :)

Am actually making really good progress at the moment, got the XML displaying correctly, and now am working on a visual layout preview :)

TheMightySpud

Me again,

I've updated the first post with more 'planned features' and a 'community wishlist'

TheMightySpud

TheMightySpu

Portal Member
    April 22, 2009
    Middle of the UK
    Home Country
    Hi all,

Just a small update on this.

I've got the beginning of the visual preview working as it should be. (see screenshots)

Still a couple of 'position' tweaks and sizing tweaks to so in regards to some of the controls, and making the editor differentiate between different aspect ratios (as evidenced by the Blue3 and Blue3Wide screens.

TheMightySpud

Attachments

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      204.7 KB
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      244.5 KB
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      250.3 KB

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Yup - soon all my skin dreams are to come true :)
    (I'm not sure that having dreams about skins is a good thing... :confused:)

TheMightySpu

Portal Member
    April 22, 2009
    Middle of the UK
    Home Country
    I looked at NoBugS editor when I initially thought of doing this, but to simply edit the basic home screen, it seems a little daunting if I'm honest, as it appears to have been designed for those wanting to create/edit a complete skin set, while my editor is specifically for editing Basic Home (which seems to me to be what the majority of the 'casual user' of MP would like.)

I'm quite new to the whole coding milarky, so this is as big a challenge as I want to get into at the moment.

If you think this editor is redundant due to NoBugS editor, which is fantastic work, then I'd prefer to be told sooner rather than later.

Thanks
    TheMightySpud

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Can you look up the skin directory from mediaportaldirs.xml please? I am using a custom skin location shared between 2 PC's but then your program does not pick up any skin.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [Application] Basic Home Editor V0.1a

I think one good and more easy approach would be to just be able to edit the button controls in the BasicHome with all the important properties like label, onleft, onright, onup, ondown, and hyperlink.
    If you like to change the entire layout, you would use the a.m. skin editor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom