Apply to all folders... (1 Viewer)

S

slumberbear

This might have been brought up before (if so apology offered) but I was wondering about the possibility of applying a view set to multiple folders simultaneously. I have a fairly large music collection. I love the fact that I can have all my albums listed in "big icon" form and scroll down the list. Then I would like to select an album and see the tracks listed in "list" form. Although this is possible to do individually, it is quite difficult to do on the order of a thousand albums. Is there a feature that allows such a thing to be done to all folders?

Also, is there a possibility that the up directory function could be made separate from the listed files so that jumping up and down a directory tree could be done without having to scroll through the list. Again this would make it easier for very large lists.

Thank you for a wonderful open source program, I applaud your efforts...

Slumberbear

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    slumberbear said:
    This might have been brought up before (if so apology offered) but I was wondering about the possibility of applying a view set to multiple folders simultaneously. I have a fairly large music collection. I love the fact that I can have all my albums listed in "big icon" form and scroll down the list. Then I would like to select an album and see the tracks listed in "list" form. Although this is possible to do individually, it is quite difficult to do on the order of a thousand albums. Is there a feature that allows such a thing to be done to all folders?

That would be pretty useful.

voxmortis

Portal Member
    May 19, 2005
    Sydney, Straya.
    Has this been done yet - or is there some XML we can tweak behind the scenes to do it?

Lovely piece of software, but it's a right royal pain in the arse to go through all of my music folders and alter to Big Icons for Artists and Album and then List for Tracks...

Also, it appears that in the latest release, the tracks in my albums are listed in reverse order (like track 12 at the top, down to track 1 at the bottom of the screen) - very odd!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom