Arte WebEPG Problem (1 Viewer)

Chollis Ketteridge

Portal Member
February 18, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I'm trying to obtain at least a week's worth of EPG listings for French Arte (which I'm receiving via DVB-S on channels 380 and 385 using the 19.2 E Astra 1H etc. satellite>> the provider is CSAT). The DVB EPG will only provide a "now and next" style listing covering a couple of hours or so, so I've tried WebEPG (which is working perfectly well with several other stations not covered by DVB EPG) but not one of the 6 grabbers listed for France seems to work >> can anyone offer any ideas? Suffice to say, I'm not at all fluent in modifying xml files, so it's quite possible I've missed something obvious, but I can't work out what that might be from looking at the grabber files I have that work.

Alphathon

Portal Pro
July 15, 2010
Home Country
Scotland Scotland
Did you ever find a solution to this?

Do you use any of those 6 grabbers for any other channels? If so I could take a look at them and see why they aren't getting data for Arte. If you're only using it for Arte then it's more likely to be a WebEPG config problem or something.

I personally get EPG data for Arte in German via a custom WebEPG grabber for either ZDF or ARD (I forget which I'm using for Arte itself; I built both and both provide at least a 14 day EPG with pretty substantial descriptions), so I could probably build one for you which grabs from the Arte website (in French and/or German) or France Télévisions (if they provide data - I can't find their guide page if they have one, but then I don't speak French so it's quite difficult to navigate) if need be, although it would depend on the way their website presents guide data.

Chollis Ketteridge

Portal Member
February 18, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Thanks for your reply (which I've only just seen) and your very kind offer of assistance >> I never did find an answer to this and (following a number of other problems) eventually abandoned Media Portal in favour of Windows Media Centre when I upgraded from Vista to Windows 7. Strangely, even though the WMC epg automatically gets listings for all my favourite channels (from Poland, the U.K. etc) there are STILL no listings for Arte France! Clearly there's just something about that channel...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom