Artwork corrupt? (1 Viewer)

fredco

Portal Pro
November 13, 2010
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I've just started using the My Emulators plugin and it's got a lot of potential I think.
One thing I came across: most of my scraped artwork consists of just a thin horizontal line. I've tried to restrict the scraping to just one scraper (thegamesdb.net and others too) to no avail. The artwork I try to scrape IS available in the database of thegamesdb, but it just is received corruptly on my system.
Tried this on three different computers, all with MP 1.12 with Streamed MP skin.
Hope someone can help...

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, a couple of things to try:

Can you open the images in 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Emulators 2' to see if they display correctly outside MediaPortal.
    The plugin resizes the images based on the value specified in the 'Case Size' under the emulator configuration tab, have you changed this value? Try setting it to 0 to disable resizing (you will need to delete and reimport your games after changing)

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi, a couple of things to try:

Can you open the images in 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Emulators 2' to see if they display correctly outside MediaPortal.
    The plugin resizes the images based on the value specified in the 'Case Size' under the emulator configuration tab, have you changed this value? Try setting it to 0 to disable resizing (you will need to delete and reimport your games after changing)

Hey Brownard!

Thanks for this MEGA-fast reply! And your suggestion did the trick: Case Size set to 0 gave me all artwork like it should. Strange though that the setting by default is "114 (custom)" and not "0 (default)".
    Just for the record: I saw the corrupt images also outside MP, they were probably incorrectly resized...
    Thanks again very much!

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    That setting should have been 1.14 (CD) (note the decimal), there's probably a bug in the code somewhere where it doesn't handle regional decimal separators correctly. Although you're the first person to report this issue :confused:

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The starting setting on my side is indeed "114 (custom)" WITHOUT the decimal. There is however another option in the drop-down list which reads "1.14 (CD)". It must have got someting to do with the code getting screwed up by my regional settings (Dutch). Our local decimal is comma (,) instead of dot (.).
    I've read about this in another thread in this Emulator-forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom