Asian title import problem (FIXED) (1 Viewer)

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    First of all, thanks for this plugin. I've been trying it out, and apart from one small issue everything works great, I especially like the trilogy grouping!

The issue I have is will a Japanese movie named Spirited Away. I've left the default languages in IMDB+ options to use the English versions of the title (and I also set it without showing the original foreign title) but for some reason it is bringing through the Argentina/International version of the title (El viaje de Chihiro). Here's a link the the AKAs for the film... Spirited Away - IMDB AKAs

It's not a huge problem, but I'm just wondering why and thought it might help to stop this in future for other movies/users.

Thanks

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v3.3.6

The issue I have is will a Japanese movie named Spirited Away.

It imports as "Miyazaki's Spirited Away" for me, based on the "USA (poster title)" entry, which is wrong as well, so I'll have to add "(poster title)" to the blacklist.

But based on your results you have "UK certifications" setting enabled, which kicks in a whole different set of rules to locate the "International (English)" title. Looks like there is a bug with that code as well and it seems to accept "International (imdb display title)" first.

So you found two bugs, will work on fixing them.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v3.3.7

IMDb+ Scraper-script v3.3.7 is released.

The IMDb+ plugin will auto-update for you within the next 24 hours (default setting). The last time your system checked for a new version can be verified at the bottom of the hidden menu.

Spirited Away should now import correctly for both UK-certification enabled users (which relies on British movie title), and the default US users as well (was using the wrong poster title).

Hopefully I did not break the English title detection on any other movie, but if I did, let me know and I'll fix it :D

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v3.3.7

IMDb+ Scraper-script v3.3.7 is released.

The IMDb+ plugin will auto-update for you within the next 24 hours (default setting). The last time your system checked for a new version can be verified at the bottom of the hidden menu.

Spirited Away should now import correctly for both UK-certification enabled users (which relies on British movie title), and the default US users as well (was using the wrong poster title).

Hopefully I did not break the English title detection on any other movie, but if I did, let me know and I'll fix it :D

This is great the problem I had with Spirited Away has been fixed, I rescanned my whole library just to make sure and everything is perfectly named now. Thanks, great work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom