Ongoing Aspire Revo R3610 - Perfect client setup for MP in New Zealand... (1 Viewer)

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Had to switch back to the old Single Seat server setup on the old HP machine as the stuttering is just tooooo annoying at the moment. Old machine just works so well so will have to keep tinkering with the ION client and WHS server until I can get it working better....

clarkey2r

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi

Did you ever get the stuttering sorted? I'm looking at buying one this week so could do with any input good or bad!!

Cheers

druid9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 31, 2006
    Couple of Threads of interest

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/atom-ion-users-thread-86594/
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/livetv-problem-after-one-hour-86423/

Mine seems to be all sorted now, using it as client over a wired network.

I would also recommend this site for all things revo in an HTPC world:
    Acer Aspire Revo 3610 Atom ION 330 Review | Paul J Roberts
    Don't miss the forums on that site either.

I would recommend the unit, but it does take a little time to get right. Sing out if you need some help if you do buy it.

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It is actually working quite well as a client in the bedroom over gigabit..... I know you could be waiting for ever but they have just announced an updated version with ION2....

Any questions just ask though. :)

I must also add that I think my attempt at running the tv server on WHS might have been the root of stuttering problems..... Running the tv server on the lounge box now and it all works sweetly....

clarkey2r

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2009
    Home Country
    It is actually working quite well as a client in the bedroom over gigabit..... I know you could be waiting for ever but they have just announced an updated version with ION2....

Any questions just ask though. :)

I must also add that I think my attempt at running the tv server on WHS might have been the root of stuttering problems..... Running the tv server on the lounge box now and it all works sweetly....

Couple of Threads of interest

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/atom-ion-users-thread-86594/
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/livetv-problem-after-one-hour-86423/

Mine seems to be all sorted now, using it as client over a wired network.

I would also recommend this site for all things revo in an HTPC world:
    Acer Aspire Revo 3610 Atom ION 330 Review | Paul J Roberts
    Don't miss the forums on that site either.

I would recommend the unit, but it does take a little time to get right. Sing out if you need some help if you do buy it.

Ok, I'm going to order one today for the bedroom!
    What's the best set of codec's to use? Any thing to steer clear of?
    Also, have either of you seen any issue with skins and the speed of menu changes etc, I'm sure I have read about that somewhere!!

I am going to try and use my WHS as the TV Server but fear it might be under powered as it runs SABnzbd and Freeproxy along with all the other WHS features and its only an old socket 939 chip!!

Thanks

clarkey2r

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2009
    Home Country
    HI, I am about to buy the Revo 3610 (Acer Aspire Revo R3610 Desktop PC - Desktops | Ebuyer.com). Its the Linux version, but I will be installing Wondows 7 over it. I want to use this as my htpc, running both the server and client for mediaportal. Do you think it will be ok? I will have a USB tv tuner also.

Hi, I have ordered that one, waiting for delivery as we speak!!, so I cant help if the TV Server will work but I would be very interested to know how you get on. What tuners are you using, DVB-T or DVB-S/2??

The client side of thing should definitely work but may require a small amount of tinkering!!

royhid

May 5, 2009
    Home Country
    HI, I am about to buy the Revo 3610 (Acer Aspire Revo R3610 Desktop PC - Desktops | Ebuyer.com). Its the Linux version, but I will be installing Wondows 7 over it. I want to use this as my htpc, running both the server and client for mediaportal. Do you think it will be ok? I will have a USB tv tuner also.

Hi, I have ordered that one, waiting for delivery as we speak!!, so I cant help if the TV Server will work but I would be very interested to know how you get on. What tuners are you using, DVB-T or DVB-S/2??

The client side of thing should definitely work but may require a small amount of tinkering!!

Hi, i wont be getting it for another week or so. Still gathering the cash buy selling bits from my other htpc.
    The usb is DVB-T. I have a DVB-S pci tuner in my other pc so i could watch bbc and itv hd for the world cup (would rather have watched England look crap is SD!) But i think i will sell it and use my usb dvb-t tuner with the revo, until a reasonably proced usb tuner comes out which handles Freeview HD.

Let me know how mediaportal behaves on the revo. Your using it as a client only then?

clarkey2r

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2009
    Home Country

Hi, i wont be getting it for another week or so. Still gathering the cash buy selling bits from my other htpc.
    The usb is DVB-T. I have a DVB-S pci tuner in my other pc so i could watch bbc and itv hd for the world cup (would rather have watched England look crap is SD!) But i think i will sell it and use my usb dvb-t tuner with the revo, until a reasonably proced usb tuner comes out which handles Freeview HD.

Let me know how mediaportal behaves on the revo. Your using it as a client only then?

Yep! If it performs well then I think I might get a second one and do away with the main HTPC!

Any one getting any advice on setting the codecs up on a revo? It's frustrating me now!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom