Asrock Mainboards & 1366x768 (1 Viewer)

daniel_1980

Portal Pro
August 19, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
So wth was the point of that post daniel??,( always one whos gotta rain on the parade??),, nearly 95% of new lcd ( @32,37 and 42")tvs use that res panel and many new larger plasmas do as well fyi

ps the lcd tv i have will show the full 1366x 768, it makes the quality of the windows desktop text slightly jaggy but the difference in mediaportal is unnoticeable so 1366 wo overheating and a noisy expensive psu it is,, if thats the best available

The point of my post is that that resolution, the native resolution of most lcds, is not a standard resolution on vga, and it is not supported by any tv I know (as vga input!). So that feature of your asrock board is not a feature at all, at least for most lcds. Perhaps it would be a feature if the tvs supported that resolution.
You confirmed that that resolution made no good quality (if I understood your statement right; my english is not as good as yours). So I don't see the reason for your happyness about that new feature. But it's ok for me if you're happy ;-)

Addition:
Hooray for asrock => yes
And hooray for the first tv manufacturer whos tvs will accept the native resolution via vga on the other side.

mdbarber

Portal Pro
February 19, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Well daniel i really dont want to get repetative but as i said in my last post my tv does support that resolution and im sure nearly all other lcds will as well
The fact that the quality on the windows desktop is not as good as 1360 makes little difference as its the same in media portal which is what we are here about
Also im sure 1360x768 is a standard vga spec called wxga or wide xga

??"And hooray for the first tv manufacturer whos tvs will accept the native resolution via vga on the other side."
read above

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom