Assembly Reference Problems (1 Viewer)

Vic Demented

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 4, 2013
    Brugge, Belgium
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Forgive the newbie post, but I really need to get up to speed on this quickly. I am trying to wrap my head around plugin & skin development for MP2, and I am running into a bunch of issues. First of all I am able to successfully build both the client and the server solutions. However when I load the UIPluginTemplate(MyPlugin) project, it is unable to find a reference to MediaPortal.Core.General.

Error 25 The type or namespace name 'Core' does not exist in the namespace 'MediaPortal' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Users\Administrator\Projects\MediaPortal-2\MediaPortal\Resources\Templates\UIPluginTemplate\Models\MyWorkflowModel.cs 27 19 MyPlugin

Furthermore is it not possible to use the XAML designer in VS2010? I tried to use XamlPadX, but regardless of which tool I use, I keep getting an error that says:

The type 'Screen' was not found. Verify that you are not missing an assembly reference and that all referenced assemblies have been built.

I get the same error for the following tags:
    <Include>
    <DockPanel>
    <Resource>
    <Label>
    <ControlTemplate>
    <ResourceWrapper>
    <StackPanel>

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am just trying to get a stable dev environment up so I can get started.

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Lead Dev MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I never looked at the UIPluginTemplate before, so I guess it might be outdated. This could explain the issues. I will check this project over this weekend (or @chefkoch, can you take a look?)

I think it could be easier to start with a copy of the "Weather" plugin, it has a quite simple structure. Be sure you check the http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/2_MEDIAPORTAL_2/Contribute/Plugin_Development/New_plugin_checklist.

The XAML stuff is a bit more difficult, for me as well: I currently don't know any way to use a graphical designer directly with MP2 skin files and resources. Even if there would be a way to "teach" the editors how to use our MPF-controls (like Screen), they would not work in editor, because MP2 uses different rendering than WPF.

I can recommend to use Expression Blend 4 (now available for free, see also https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ow-titan-gets-transformed.114860/#post-946300), use it to design your control styles and copy the xaml-code into MP2 resource definitions. Another hint: separate styles from the actual screen layouts, i.e. define a button background gradient only once, use it multiple times.

Morpheus

Vic Demented

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 4, 2013
    Brugge, Belgium
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Yea, it looks like MediaPortal.Core.General no longer exists. I'll take a look at the weather portal and see if I can make some headway. Thanks Morpheus.

Users who are viewing this thread