associate file extension (1 Viewer)

sst45jeff

January 27, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
How do you associate file extensions with the different libraries ?
None of my mpeg ts file will play under the tv series library but it will show up if i move it to the dvd library and change the file extension to mpeg. Than I can play it from the dvd library just fine.
It also plays as a ts extension file in wm center, wm player and cyberlink dvd player 10 just fine.
I just cant play it in mediaportal under the tv series library.
Audio plays fine.

Windows 7
Mediaportal 1
Win 7 codecs with lav
I also tried saf

Any ideas ?

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Make sure .ts is listed under known video file extensions

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_.../00_Configuration/2_Videos/5_Video_Extensions

=VideoExt.png

If the filename is compatible with a tv episode

eg. Breaking Bad - S01E01.ts

Then it will show up in tv series

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    How do you associate file extensions with the different libraries ?
    None of my mpeg ts file will play under the tv series library but it will show up if i move it to the dvd library and change the file extension to mpeg. Than I can play it from the dvd library just fine.
    It also plays as a ts extension file in wm center, wm player and cyberlink dvd player 10 just fine.
    I just cant play it in mediaportal under the tv series library.
    Audio plays fine.

Windows 7
    Mediaportal 1
    Win 7 codecs with lav
    I also tried saf

Any ideas ?

If i am reading this correctly you are getting Audio but no video then trying to play the .ts files in tv series.
    If that is the case try changing the video codex in MP configuration "TV codex" tab, it should be lav, if it isn't change it to lav, if it is then change it to a different codex and see if that works to see if there is a problem with your lav installation. All .ts files use the codex selected in "TV codex" tab for play.
    If that gives you video then you have a codex problem

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hello to all, as requested by doskabouter I created the log and before posting it, I went through and one line caught my attention, apparently my music database had a problem. So I deleted (rename) and recreated the database, as I have a lot of tracks in my collection (+/- 90000 songs) I hate do do this because it's very longer but...
    Hello to all, as requested by doskabouter I created the log and before posting it, I went through and one line caught my attention...
    Hello to all I have been using MP for many years and my system had become +/- unstable, it was time to refresh it. So I...
    Replies
    Views
    Many people found the Lentoid decoder better optimised than LAV for software decoding. If you want to try it, download it from the link below, run reg.bat as an admin to install it and change the HEVC Video settings in MediaPortal Configuration/Codecs and Renderer...
    Many people found the Lentoid decoder better optimised than LAV for software decoding. If you want to try it, download it from the...
    For some unknown reason I can't play HEVC encoded video with MP1 on my system. I have tried every trick I know, but nothing works...
    Replies
    Views
    So after a long search and a lot of experiments I did find out the culprit: I did disable events of the Common Information Model Object Manager. As soon as they are disabled TV server will always show "port 554 is already bound". Enabling/disabling events is done by this reg key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WBEM\CIMOM]...
    So after a long search and a lot of experiments I did find out the culprit: I did disable events of the Common Information Model...
    I've got a Digital Devices Cine S2 V7A Twin and a DigitalEverywhere FloppyDTV for Satellite TV. I've been running MediaPortal 1.4.0...
    Replies
    Views
    Greetings, I’m encountering frequent audio dropouts when watching Netflix through OnlineVideos and while playing music. I’m not encountering any problems with over-the-air tv. Netflix video is not affected, just audio. Music plays fine when played outside of MP through Windows Media Player. Netflix plays fine when played outside of...
    Greetings, I’m encountering frequent audio dropouts when watching Netflix through OnlineVideos and while playing music. I’m not...
    Greetings, I’m encountering frequent audio dropouts when watching Netflix through OnlineVideos and while playing music. I’m not...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Migrating from WMC DE
    Hi. Network tuners can be shared even on the same PC (done it often while testing different software, I'm using SAT>IP tuner that are similar to hdhomerun tuner but for European DVB). But you can not use them on both systems at the same time ofc.. Means if WMC is using a tuner (e,g, for a scheduled recording) MP can't use the same...
    Hi. Network tuners can be shared even on the same PC (done it often while testing different software, I'm using SAT>IP tuner that...
    I have been running Windows Media Centre happily for years on Win 7 Pro, more recently with EPG123 as an intermediary providing...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom