Ongoing ASUS Pundit-R and Fred's Power Plugin? (1 Viewer)

J

JesperW

Hi
I am new here ;-)

I am about to build a HTPC from scratch. I want to know if any of you guys are using the ASUS Pundit-R and have no problems with the "Fred's power plugin" to get the PC into Hibernation and out again?
Regards
Jesper

J

JesperW

Hi again,

Is there really no one in the entire world that is using a ASUS Pundit-R with MP?? :eek:

My question was, those of you that are using MP in a ASUS Pundit-R, does it work correctly with "Fred's Power Plug in"? This is, does the Pundit-R go into hipernate and out again as expected? I am asking this, as I am a little concerned about the power consumption, if the Pundit-R is to be powered on 24/7/365.

Best regards
Jesper

umtauscher

Portal Member
October 8, 2004
Cologne, Germany
I only managed to get the Pundit wake up by remote when using standby mode (S3). Unfortunately it wakes up whatever IR signal it gets. Even remotes from different equipment wake it.
When putting the Pundit in Hibernation mode you can't wake it with the remote.
So all in all it's pretty useless.

Cheers

Umtauscher

J

JesperW

Umtauscher

Hi Umtauscher,
What about when you are doing timer recordings? Will it wake up and record the broardcast in question?

Best regards
Jesper

umtauscher

Portal Member
October 8, 2004
Cologne, Germany
I never tried that yet, because I don't think MP's TV is stable enough at the moment to trust it with timer recordings.(I'm using the CVS version) I am still using my topfiled for that.
Perhaps I will try that just for fun some time next week.

D

dreamer-flt

1. No, Freds Power plugin doesn't work in 0.1.3.0 pre. In the actual CVS it wakes up the Pundit-R, but the recording isn't starting.

2. I Use the Pundit-R in combination with the european MCE Remote Control. Works good, you can set the Pundit-R into S3, also you can wake it up with the remote control, but only after you include some registry keys in Windows because USB wakeup isn't imülemented in the BIOS:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\usb]
"USBBIOSHACKS"=dword:00000000
"USBBIOSx"=dword:00000000

After that it works.

T

the_e

Hi,

I'm running MP on a Pundit-R and just started experimenting with PVR Scheduler (not with Fred's Plugin) yesterday.

In the first trials, my Pundit-R woke up, did the trial recording, and went back into standby without any problems.

The only thing which disturbs me is that on manually waking up the machine from standby again, MediaPortal was not started.

Need to fiddle a bit.
Regards
the_e

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom