Codecs ATI CCC deinterlace setting (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
On my other system I've always set the CCC deinterlace setting to Vector Adaptive but I'm setting up a system with onboard HD4250 and that only offers Weave or Bob.

Which should I set it to or is there some way to use software (i.e. LAV) to do better deinterlacing than either of these and just disable the ATI hardware deinterlace?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    there maybe hacks to force v.a but that doesn't change the fact that the 4250 is too slow to reliably do v.a. and run mp at the same time without any stutter or dropping frames. even the faster hd5450 is a little sus, hd6450 is recommended minimum for smooth 1080i live tv in mp.

you can do either.

Last edited:

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Sure, I understand the 4250 isn't really capable of VA, hence why it's not offered and that's why I asked if it's better to use software deinterlacing, which I presume uses the CPU?

I'll only be watching SD Freeview TV anyway.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    dependson cpu, tolerable amount of cpu usage and desired quality as well as deinterlacing modes available in the software codec.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Well obviously. :rolleyes:

Does anyone else have any advice about doing software deinterlacing and whether it's worth it over Bob or Weave done on the 4250? I've got a Athlon II X4 630 in this machine.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    hackthe reg to get v.a. if drop frames then instead use use ffdshow post processing on raw video filter to deinterlace.that willl gove highest quality at expense of cpu. for best quality upgrade video card.

Last edited:

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    I can't find any information about a hack to enable VA and as it's not designed to do it anyway, it's probably a bad idea to try.

There's a lot of options in ffdshow for deinterlacing, so without some advice on which to use I wouldn't know what to do. LAV has YADIF deinterlacing, so is there any reason to use ffdshow instead of that? Even LAV has several deinterlacing settings, so I'd need someone to advise me which to use.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Google ps. if you use lav yadif set to default video mode obviously.

What's ps?

Anyway, I thought I'd ask here as I'm sure others have already been through this.

I have no idea what you mean about lav yadif. I don't see any video mode to set to default, there's Field Order and three other tickboxes related to deinterlacing.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    This is weird. I now have Vector Adaptive in CCC but I haven't updated the drivers or used any hacks :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom