ATI or Nvidia for HTPC? (1 Viewer)

somy

Portal Pro
March 7, 2010
Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Intel Ivy's still got little issues with 24p, but its only a quick resync every 4 minute you won't probably notice. Its no showstopper from my point of view.
No more or less than NVidia or ATI (http://www.avsforum.com/t/1333324/lets-set-this-straight-no-one-can-do-24p-consistently-well) the UAC thing is not there any more and it is the same with or without
OK, good to know intel graphic card works no worse than ATI/Nvidia in terms of 24P support.
What about other features? Bitstreaming HD audio in mediaportal? Able to switch between two screens? Change refresh rate based on frame rate in a movie? DXVA compatibility of different codes?
Anyone have experience?

radical

Portal Pro
December 16, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
HD Bitstreaming with Intel I didn't tested by myself, but it should work.
DXVA compatibility depends more on codec i think. LAV is working, an other i didn't tested.
Everything else is working.

somy

Portal Pro
March 7, 2010
Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
HD Bitstreaming with Intel I didn't tested by myself, but it should work.
DXVA compatibility depends more on codec i think. LAV is working, an other i didn't tested.
Everything else is working.
Thanks!:)
It's worthwhile to consider 15 3570k (for HTPC)+ HD7850 (for gaming) then.

radical

Portal Pro
December 16, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
As you can see in my system specs, it's a working configuration if you are into gaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Updated with the guide to install an Intel HDMI audio Device that can stream 192kHz/24bit. If you have any question, feel free to reply here.
Updated with the guide to install an Intel HDMI audio Device that can stream 192kHz/24bit. If you have any question, feel free to...
I switched to MePo 2 with the release of MePo 2.1.1, and in the last months I focused on learning the program and fine tuning it...
Replies
Views
No, it's the same. The only way I managed to fix this problem was by changing the graphics card from a GTX680 to a GTX980. The pin 19 trick never worked on the 680. It just caused MediaPortal to crash in a slightly more graceful way. Using a HDMI doctor worked 90% of the time but it seems like an expensive fix for what is...
No, it's the same. The only way I managed to fix this problem was by changing the graphics card from a GTX680 to a GTX980. The...
If you are a HDMI + audio over HDMI / AVR user then this thread can be a bit depressing for you. Now you are warned :) I recently...
Replies
Views
Thanks, I'll give that a shot, but my TV's EDID reported "native resolution" is 1920x1080i (it's not really , it's a 1366x768 screen that doesn't allow 1366x768 input), so the scaling ends up being a mess. I think what I'll do is remove the resize in the GPU driver, open, run & close MP, uninstall the GPU drivers & then install the...
Thanks, I'll give that a shot, but my TV's EDID reported "native resolution" is 1920x1080i (it's not really , it's a 1366x768...
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.1.0/FTR Argus 1.6.0.1 MediaPortal Skin: Defaultwide Windows Version: Windows 7 64 bit SP1 CPU Type...
Replies
Views
I have a onbaord Nvidia 9300 GPU and it runs fine with 24p. But I have to check VMR9 to get perfect audio sync in mediaportal. EVR does have audio sync problems. I used SAF and now coreavc.
I have a onbaord Nvidia 9300 GPU and it runs fine with 24p. But I have to check VMR9 to get perfect audio sync in mediaportal. EVR...
i am going to upgrade my system with a standalone videocard for 1080p@24hz no i read a lot of problems regarding audio sync issues...
Replies
Views
AW: HTPC build - Need AGP Card Recommendations Hello. Nvidia GT220 is not available for AGP Port.... You can try a ATI HD 4670 card with DDR3 Ram like this one: "HIS Radeon HD 4670 IceQ, 1024MB DDR3, VGA, DVI, HDMI". But they will be noisy as there seems to be no passive cooling available for this GPU. The PSU should be way...
AW: HTPC build - Need AGP Card Recommendations Hello. Nvidia GT220 is not available for AGP Port.... You can try a ATI HD 4670...
I'm wanting to build my first HTPC out of an old MSI K8N-NEO V2 system with the following specs below. I'm looking to watch/record...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom