ATI or nVidia? (1 Viewer)

miljbee

Portal Pro
November 11, 2005
Orléans, France
Home Country
France France
Elf,

could you give us the exact brand and model of the board you bought ?

i am searching for a new graphioc board, and i know that tv out quality is quiet different from one brand to another, but i didn't manage to get a clear information saying what board have a good TV Out.

Thanks for your help

Elf

Portal Pro
June 8, 2005
UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
No problem, it's a 128Mb Inno3D GeForce 6200 (AGP model), as detailed here:
http://www.inno3d.com/products/graphic_card/gf6_agp/6200.htm

I'm just using the latest Forceware drivers from nVidia to configure the TV-out, no need for TVTool/Powerstrip or anything like that. I created a custom resolution for 720x576@100hz to match my Philips Widescreen CRT TV, and connected via S-VHS.

jcee

Portal Pro
November 23, 2004
Judaz said:
Look at the date of the review. Driversupport has improved A LOT since then, and I have seen reviews where the new ATi cards gets score 123 of 130 points in the HQV benchmark which is really good. I have a Radeon X1300 and the de-interlacing and picture quality is superior to anything eles I have ever seen. I work at a computer hardware store so I have easy access to new grapihcs cards etc. for comparison and the new ATi cards are currently in a leauge of their own when it comes to video quality.

- Judaz

I had a Nvidia 7600 which was fine, picture was very impressive after having used a FX5200 before.

I switched to a ATI X1600, because of the Nvidia not working in POST/BIOS on my Plasma.

For my opinion the video quality is much worse! The picture does not look as crisp and sharp as with the Purevideo of Nvidia.
I installed latest drivers but there are not many settings concerning AVIVO..

Despite of that, ATIs drivers do not allow as much costumization as the Nvidias does (costume timings, resolutions, etc..)
Did I get something wrong?

You say it has best video capabilities, so what am I doing wrong here?!

BTW: I am connected DVI=>HDMI

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom