ATi thinks my language is offensive - what do you think? (1 Viewer)

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Nvidia is great as long as you're not going to use it with vista.. the drivers suck big time :( Theres no way to edit advanced options like you could in xp. No custom refresh rate, and no custom res. All in all you have a more detailed 'simple' menu in xp then your advanced one is in vista. Too bad I payed $$$ for a OS that isnt ready yet :p

chenks

Portal Pro
May 22, 2006
Scotland
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
well looking at it from a non-biased angle.

you do appear a couple of times to be coming over as a smartass. and you also suggest that ATi don't know what they are doing (the perfect driver comment).

if it was me reading that ticket, i for one would not be go out of my way to try and resolve you issue. it might just find itself bumped to the bottom of the priority list.

just my opinion though.

i've always thought that if you are looking for support from any company, it's always a good thing to start off polite and simply state the problem. giving opinions and coming over all "smart-ass" like usually doesn't help you.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I actually agree when refering to "ATi should know that 50Hz = PAL, right?!" :)
    I disagree when it comes to "(Seems like there is nothing like a perfect driver comming from ATi?)", because there are some stuff that works with some numbers of the drivers, and some that works with others. The only "combination" they have is that there are some drivers where none of the "stuff" mentioned works....

I still don't think it was worth closing it, esp. considering that I rephrased the posted.

Anyway: I think your opinion has valid arguments. I just don't agree with the conclusion :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom