[confirm] ATSC no signal channel crashes MP (1 Viewer)

scottheil

Portal Member
May 19, 2009
Ohio
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have 2 ATSC channels mapped that originally had signal when I scanned for them, but now no longer tune in or get scanned in if I delete them and try to rescan them. They come in fine over the air without using MP.

MP crashed after watching a working ATSC channel, then switching to the ATSC channel that has no signal. MP does not crash if I tune from an analog tuner channel to the no signal ATSC channel, it only has a popup that there is no signal on that channel.

To reproduce:
Tune ATSC channel with signal
Tune ATSC channel with no signal

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,
    Effectively from log it seems to failed to lock tuner (find signal).
    Also surely not related but can you switch on LAV Video and not MPC Video ?

scottheil

Portal Member
    May 19, 2009
    Ohio
    Home Country
    I deleted the channel in hopes of it finding it when I scanned and it does not. I manually added the channel back using details from rabbitears.info and could not get it to crash. I tried it with both LAV and MPC codec. I'm not sure what was causing it but it may have had invalid data in the tuning details to begin with as I had added that channel back with MP 1.0.0 or earlier possibly. I'm not sure why it won't find the channel when scanning though as it comes in fine OTA on my other tv. These are the tuning details that it should be finding.

It sometimes will say no signal when trying to watch this channel or other times will tune but with choppy or no video/audio.
    tuningdetails.png
    [DOUBLEPOST=1359554857][/DOUBLEPOST]It did crash once, I was not in debug mode so I was only able to get the current logs. I also noticed that the PMT
    PID is supposed to be 30, which is what I set it to, but it changes to 48 after starting MP and tuning that channel.[DOUBLEPOST=1359555201][/DOUBLEPOST]Here is another crash log I was able to get in debug mode. Not consistent in getting this error. Sometimes no signal, or choppy video.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Can you log again but in both case, can you delete old log before reproduce the issue ?

scottheil

Portal Member
    May 19, 2009
    Ohio
    Home Country
    I was unable to reproduce the error so far, for some reason both channels are tuning in fine now. I will re-post the error log it occurs again. hopefully before the RC. The only change since I was testing yesterday that I know of is the computer was restarted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom