Attention: New Forum Structure (1 Viewer)

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    revamp

Well done guys, good to see that you find the time as well to bring improvements to the site as well!

I just noticed one thing in this view: the header is at the bottom from this subpage Maintained Plugins - MediaPortal Forum.
    Is this the way it should be?

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    forum subscriptions for forums in tabs other than "General Forums" doesn't show up in "User CP"

after some evil reworking it should now be working again. Same for the detailed search box, it wasnt even possible to select single forums in tabs here.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Great changes I think just about everything is for the better. One thing in particular I am very happy to see is the subforum for patches, great movie. The only things I think I would change are:

1. A new root page is needed. When a user clicks "Forums" from the home page they are brought to the "General Forums" sub-forum. I think to a new user it would not be immediately clear that there are other sub-forums available. It might be nice to have a root page for the Forums that lists the different categories rather than immediately throwing the user into "General Forums".
    2. It would be nice if under "Skins" and "MediaPortal Plugins" it listed all of the popular plugins there like it used to rather than a single link for "Popular Plugins" and "Popular Skins". A lot of people use plug-ins and skins and I think this makes it more difficult for a user to find support forums for features (skinning and plug-in support) that are a big part of what makes MediaPortal great.

Really though overall, very nice changes.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    ...great movie.

no pun intended? :p

1. A new root page is needed. When a user clicks "Forums" from the home page they are brought to the "General Forums" sub-forum. I think to a new user it would not be immediately clear that there are other sub-forums available. It might be nice to have a root page for the Forums that lists the different categories rather than immediately throwing the user into "General Forums".
    2. It would be nice if under "Skins" and "MediaPortal Plugins" it listed all of the popular plugins there like it used to rather than a single link for "Popular Plugins" and "Popular Skins". A lot of people use plug-ins and skins and I think this makes it more difficult for a user to find support forums for features (skinning and plug-in support) that are a big part of what makes MediaPortal great.

I agree with both of these suggestions. Would make the forum a little bit nicer especially for newbies.

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    2nd suggestion is added, deeper subforums no show up as link.
    For the 1st...we will check some possibilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom