AU TV guide data ? (1 Viewer)

ipguy

Portal Pro
May 10, 2011
Home Country
Hi all

I'm very happy with my MePo setup, very sexy and the number of available features staggers me!!

Just awesome.

A big thank you to the developers

Just a quick question regarding AU EPG guide data, the available over the air data is OK but am wondering if there is anything out there that can improve this?

What are other Aussies doing ?

And a more broader question, are there any AU specific plugins I should be using ?

Ventry

Portal Pro
August 19, 2009
Home Country
Australia Australia
I just use "over the air" EPG.
Perfectly functional. What else could you want?
The cricket finished early the other day and in 10 mins the EPG had updated with replacement programming.

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    My mate has MP installed and never had any EPG info except for ABC and SBS, whereas I have all EPG info. Turns out he hadn't selected all the channels to download EPG data for within MP TV Server config. Once I did that, all EPG info (colour-coded, for MP 1.3b) showed up.

I've tried those clunky approaches that download EPG data in a background process, but there's no benefit if all you watch is FTA. As Ventry implies, nothing is going to be more current than OTA EPG data, though I suppose its possible that those other approaches may have different (better?) descriptions. But in my experience its not worth it. Stick with OTA EPG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom