Audio Issue/request (1 Viewer)

clintebb

Portal Pro
October 8, 2008
Home Country
Hi, i dont really know where to post this, so is anyone wants to move it else where or suggest where to move it to, feel free.

today i enabled a feature of my sound card which allows 2 completely different audio outputs from the one device. i had my speakers hooked up normally, and my monitor hooked up to the headphone socket on the front of the computer. i had made the monitor the default device so that all audio went there. i then changed mediaportal DVD, TV, Music, Video to output to the 2nd device which was the speakers. here's the first problem, tv crashed and would crash every time i tried to start it. radio worked fine.

and the 2nd thing is more a request. the remaining audio in mediaportal (such as menu sounds) all go to the primary sound device, and there is no options in the configuration to change this to the 2nd devce. tied in with this, is the volume control. if i set my remote control to increase/decrease the media portal volume, it changes the mediaportal volume on the primary device, but does not change the volume of mediaportal on the secondary device which is tv/radio/dvd/video.

if this could be changed that would be good. probably adding an option to the main config menu, where you select which monitor, add something to select which audio device. and then within each config menu (dvd, tv, radio, video etc) rather than having to select the audio device for each one, keep the option there, but set it to something like default mediaportal device, while still having the drop down box to select a different device if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom