Audio - NO VIDEO (1 Viewer)

jona78

Portal Pro
May 4, 2010
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have been trying to resolve the above error for weeks. Unable to do so, I resorted to a clean install in the hope of finally eradicating the problem. Unfortunately............still no joy.
I then sold my pc and bought a new one, as I have it hooked up to my tv I only use it for MP, so if MP isn't working then it's pointless having it.
So, new pc, clean install............Same f*cking problem!!:confused::confused::confused:
The problem I am having is that 50% of the time I play movies I receive audio but no video (just a black screen). If I reload media portal and play the same movie, it plays fine????
It had previously been suggested that this was a codec problem but having spent the last three weeks trying every codec under the sun I'm not so sure.
If it was a codec problem would it not just work all the time or not at all, I can't understand why 50% of the time it's okay?
After a clean install of MP everything appeared to work fine. However, some movies would not play as I did not have the correct codecs. So I installed SAF5.2, worked fine a few times then.........(black screen) audio fine no video,
I uninstalled SAF5.2 cleaned registry and installed SAF6.0 same thing.
I unistalled SAF6.0 cleaned registry and installed K-lite, same thing. I repeated this process for SHARK007, WIN7 codecs, LAV codecs but no joy. Same problem each time.
PLEASE could someone help me to resolve this error? I love MP but this is really getting me down. I have spent hours on end trying to fix the problem, and money on a new pc and I don't know what else to try. I'm so frustrated with it.
ANY help would be greatly appreciated. I have completed usercp and will attach logs as soon as I get home from work.
Many thanks in anticipation.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    I have completed usercp

Did you enable show system specifications.

Installing\uninstalling codecs is most probably the worst thing you can do, uninstall all codecs then reboot, now run ccleaner and do a registry scan, reboot again. then run filmerit (link in sig), if any errors found, use the padlock icon to unlock and press the button next to it to repair.

Now install SAF6 and reboot.

ps. a screenshot of the error would help

jona78

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2010
    Home Country
    Hi Ray
    Thanks for responding (AGAIN!) Do I do this within Usercp? I am unable to find it within 'edit options?' sorry, I know I'm useless!!!

I noticed the Filmerit link on one of your previous posts and gave it a shot, but it returned no errors? I don't mean to question your response as you clearly know your stuff and I really appreciate your assistance, but won't this just give me what I had in the beginning? A clean install with SAF installed?

I will definitely give this another shot tonight though and post my results.

Thanks again for your help, it really is much appreciated.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    usercp\edit your details, at bottom it has a dropdown box with show system specs yes\no.

when you get this playback issue, is it any particular format that is failing. ie DX50 etc, have you got any phone software or anything else that could be screwing up your codec installation, because most of those register codecs that can really cause headaches.

jona78

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2010
    Home Country
    Hi Ray

Thank you, show system specs should now be enabled. It seems to be doing it with most of my movie files. I've just been using the movie 10,000BC to test it as it is this first film in my movie list, it's is just a bog standard avi file. However, it is also doing this with .mkv's & divx files too. The thin I really don't understand is that if I launch media portal 10 times and play the same file 10 times using exactly the same set up/config. 5 times it will play fine (audio and video) and 5 times black screen with audio. It's as though it's not loading something it needs to play the file half of the time?
    The only other software I have installed is Itunes, peerblock & AVG internet security. I'm fairly certain it's not these causing a conflict as it does it with or without peerblock enabled. AVG always asks for permission to allow MP programs to connect to internet.
    P.S With reference to your previous reply I don't receive an error message to take a screen dump. It plays the movie, but with a black screen. Once it has done this it doesn't matter what format of file I try to play it will do the same thing with every file. (audio no video). I exit MP reload it all movies play fine again...........Until the next time!!!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Once it has done this it doesn't matter what format of file I try to play it will do the same thing with every file. (audio no video

Is this through a plugin, ie movingpictures or through myvideo MP's inbuilt film database, whichever, would be good to have logs (see signature on how, preferably in debgug mode).

jona78

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2010
    Home Country
    Hi Ray

It happens in Moving Pictures, Tv Series & web videos plugin. As soon as I get home from work I will post logs.

Thanks again

jona78

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2010
    Home Country
    Hi Ray

Sorry for the delay................Only just managed to get the kids to bed!!!

Downloaded the dshowhelper but no joy, received black screen on first attempt. Ran filmerit, no errors found (ref attachment).
    I have attached log files as requested. After around 15 attempts I am yet to reproduce the error in debug mode. I also have another issue whereby MPTray is only working half the time. This also appears to work fine in debug mode. Not sure if this helps any?:confused:

Thank you

Attachments

• 07-11-2011 19-25-14.jpg
      07-11-2011 19-25-14.jpg
      20.9 KB

jona78

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2010
    Home Country
    Hi Ray

Just to confirm , I have loaded MP around 50 times in debug mode and movies play fine every time. I am also able to load from the tray with remote every time with no problem.
    I have attached some more logs that were generated prior to running in debug mode. Not sure if they are any use?

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom