Codecs Audio Sync slider, not working? (1 Viewer)

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Denmark Denmark
    Country flag
    when you play a video, one can bring up the audio dialog, there it has the audio tracks and also a slider for make the audio in sync if its not in sync.. but latly that slider is not working, i cant move it ??

any one know why?
    mepo 1.2.3
    im running SAF 9.12 and pass-trough audio to my receiver via optical cable

shorty1483

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    Germany Germany
    when you play a video, one can bring up the audio dialog, there it has the audio tracks and also a slider for make the audio in sync if its not in sync.. but latly that slider is not working, i cant move it ??

any one know why?
    mepo 1.2.3
    im running SAF 9.12 and pass-trough audio to my receiver via optical cable
    Also have this problem, even the thread seems a bit outdated. Perhaps because of LAV?

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I think this is only working if you use ffdshow audio decoder or ffdshow as post processor.

From Wiki:
    In Audio OSD menu ("Y" key) in supported skins, you can ajust delay and fix lipsync, the slider can move only when FFDShow is in use.
    Skins have also the possibility to only display the slider if ffdshow is in use. See: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...hanges/1.1.0_to_1.2.0/AudioVideoDelayPossible

Useful post: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/audio-delay.110149/#post-896412

shorty1483

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    Germany Germany
    I think this is only working if you use ffdshow audio decoder or ffdshow as post processor.

From Wiki:
    In Audio OSD menu ("Y" key) in supported skins, you can ajust delay and fix lipsync, the slider can move only when FFDShow is in use.
    Skins have also the possibility to only display the slider if ffdshow is in use. See: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...hanges/1.1.0_to_1.2.0/AudioVideoDelayPossible

Useful post: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/audio-delay.110149/#post-896412
    Thanks! But I could not find a reason why it works just with ffdshow? Watching HD movies without HWAcc. just because of the possibility to change audio delay is no point for me.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    You could use ffdshow audio decoder which won't break HWAcc as far as I understand. I use ffdshow audio decoder too. Whats better in LAV audio decoder? ;)

EDIT:
    After reading the Wiki again it seems the video decoder is needed for this. Ignore my comment above! :)

Last edited:

shorty1483

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    Germany Germany
    You could use ffdshow audio decoder which won't break HWAcc as far as I understand. I use ffdshow audio decoder too. Whats better in LAV audio decoder? ;)

EDIT:
    After reading the Wiki again it seems the video decoder is needed for this. Ignore my comment above! :)
    I will ignore it :p

Nevertheless, I'm still using ffdshow Audio because of it's capabilities to send TrueHD as AC3 to my A/V. What I mean is that It's a pity just to have the manual capability to delay with a non H/W-accelerating video decoder. In past I liked the slider very much, It' imho better than the MPAR for correcting individual audio delays as long as bitstreaming is not possible with MPAR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    Glith Audio out of sync after pause. Rewind 15sec gets it into sync again. MediaPortal 1 Talk 0
    A Audio sync problems on LAV filters 1.21 Pre Release 31
    B PC not waking from sleep and TV (only) audio out of sync with new TCL 4K TV Watch / Listen Media 5
    Golf4 TV-Records werden als Audio-Files importiert ? Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
    W [solved] Incorrect audio being reported Moving Pictures 4
    404 [solved] Live TV...video and audio freeze General Support 20
    ninja 12 Audio dropouts with Dolby / DTS watch/edit Videos 12
    bta489 [solved] DVB-T2 Recordings: Sometimes no Audio after muxing with mkvmerge Tools and other software 2
    T [solved] MP2 Switch off visualisation when listening to audio....PLEASE!!! General 23
    azzuro [fixed] [WIP MP2.3] - Audio files not imported to MP MediaPortal 2 18
    S Remote button to change audio and subtitle on / off General 10
    F Audio render and font error in my logs General Support 2
    R [solved] Command / Shortcut for changing subtitles or audio Archive 5
    K Multichannel audio and subtitles for TV not properly supported General Support 4
    C ARC Audio Renderer Changer: wo kann man es konfigurieren? Video & DVD 15
    joecrow No Audio after MP Start/Resume from Sleep General Support 0
    C Ability to browse videos and audio by folder General 2
    Lichloathe Offline audio content General 9
    G How best to get cover art for tracks to show up on the Audio Menu (Latest Added, Unplayed)? General 9
    Ralph Holmes Wrong audio source in TV General 1
    CyberSimian [Proposal] Audio description MediaPortal 1 10
    ge2301 [fixed] [MP2-807] Problem when switching player in PiP mode with audio files MediaPortal 2 32
    cladinshadows85 [solved] Audio playing mutiple times over video and crashing General 8
    H Live TV info OSD not displaying number of audio channels General Support 3
    T Moving Pictures...seem to have 'lost' ability to display Movie info. (eg Resolution/Audio) Moving Pictures 2