MP2 - V2.4.1 Australia - DVB-EPG - does it work? (2 Viewers)

Haze

August 24, 2022
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi there,

Have just installed Media Portal 2 for a play around; mainly my interests are for watching/recording live FTA tv and managing my music collection.

I have got the TV tuner side of things all up and running fine; I can successfully watch all my channels from within Media Portal. However I can't get the guide to populate with any EPG data. I know Australian FTA tv channels broadcast perfectly good EPG data, and I've tried setting this up within your "TV Server Configuration" app as per your "DVB EPG" instructions. I've set it to ignore CRC check, and grab data anytime it can. But still, no EPG gets populated. Am I doing something wrong? I have never had any problems getting FTA EPG data to work with various other media center type software that I've tried over the years.

Thanks!

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Make sure you have only selected 1 channel per provider for the EPG rather that all the channels that are available, see screenshot of my setup below. You can view the providers as in the 2nd screenshot below. As I understand it if all channels are selected it takes too long to get the data and the grab will timeout before it completes. If that is not it please provide logs so someone can try and see what is going wrong.

epg.jpgepga.jpg

Last edited:

Haze

August 24, 2022
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for the suggestion; I'll give it a go.

Last edited:

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Here are the settings I use for Australia (Perth) if it helps.

Haze

August 24, 2022
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for these setup tips; I've got it working now - I had failed to group the channels together by each provider and I think that made the grabbing all grind to a halt and not do anything useful. Interesting to see, from your post a few years ago that you referenced for me here, that you did exactly what I'm doing now, i.e. trying to transition away from WMC. If you've got any more tips or guides in that vein lurking around here, pls let me know! Right now I'm trying to get my music collection up and running and presenting itself in a way that's familiar to me (i.e. WMC style) but it's proving tricky to get the various display pages to remember what 'view' & 'sort' modes I want them to stick to. Hopefully with some more fiddling I'll figure it all out!

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Right now I'm trying to get my music collection up and running and presenting itself in a way that's familiar to me (i.e. WMC style) but it's proving tricky to get the various display pages to remember what 'view' & 'sort' modes I want them to stick to. Hopefully with some more fiddling I'll figure it all out!
    Perhaps it’s good to look here for WMC skin.
    In the wiki you find also further infos about setting up the media views. For further discussion it’s better to open another thread. I’ll mark the EPG topic as solved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom