General (28 Viewers)

MP1 MP2 [solved] MP2 TV Logo Management (1 Viewer) DE
IIRC the logo manager repository was developed by @offbyone. As I have seen him active recently, maybe he can assist here?
IIRC the logo manager repository was developed by @offbyone. As I have seen him active recently, maybe he can assist here?
Hello, TV logos in MP2 are added through a self-managed process: users may post their requests for new TV channel logos and/or...
Replies
Views
Hi, just a notification. An user has made a tool for generating .nfo files and copying artwork from Moving Pictures and MyTVSeries to help in transition from MP1 to MP2. Related thread: [solved] - Export tool and import support from MP-TVSeries & Moving Pictures to MP2 Link to the tool is in post #6. Maybe this is of interest for...
Hi, just a notification. An user has made a tool for generating .nfo files and copying artwork from Moving Pictures and MyTVSeries...
Hi, just a notification. An user has made a tool for generating .nfo files and copying artwork from Moving Pictures and MyTVSeries...
Replies
Views
Hello MP2 community, MediaPortal 2 includes full multi-language support thanks to some very helpful translators. While the main languages de, fr, it and sv are fully updated, all other languages unfortunately are incomplete. We are therefore looking for volunteers who would adopt their individual language to complete and monitor the...
Hello MP2 community, MediaPortal 2 includes full multi-language support thanks to some very helpful translators. While the main...
Hello MP2 community, MediaPortal 2 includes full multi-language support thanks to some very helpful translators. While the main...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 Media Source (1 Viewer) DE
Thanks for testing this. so the major issue is solved. Hopefully the missing presence of the NAS in tree view can be also solved later, this was reported several times in forum and I also faced this in the past.
Thanks for testing this. so the major issue is solved. Hopefully the missing presence of the NAS in tree view can be also solved...
I had to replace my NAS and after reinstalling a new one i thought. Lets modify the Media Source. - However that did not work "if"...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Volume Control Configuration (1 Viewer) DE
I just checked my PC and find a DefaultRemoteMap.xml in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\IrInput". @Brownard is this file for "Input Manager" obsolete with MP2.5. Is there any chance to restrict input device signals, when they are not wanted?
I just checked my PC and find a DefaultRemoteMap.xml in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\IrInput"...
I have Flirc and the Skip 1s remote sending volume +/- events. I prefer to rely on just the Windows volume control so in...
Replies
Views
MP2 is for good reasons not based on MP1, just party the same TVengine is shared. For the IPTV issue there is no solution. Maybe OnlineVideos can cover this in future, I’ve seen activities in this direction.
MP2 is for good reasons not based on MP1, just party the same TVengine is shared. For the IPTV issue there is no solution. Maybe...
Hi folks, basically I have this m3u list with links I am trying to scan with the TV configuration tool but all the channels even...
Replies
Views
Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo stream, by default, in television also. Thanks for your help. N.
Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo...
Is there a way to set the default audio stream for live TV? The default default, so to speak, for me seems to be English...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 PiP audio problem DE
@Brownard the user @Nordfinn reminded me in the MP2.5 release thead, that he still has this issue. I could not reproduce it as mentioned above, but could confirm the issue on his PC. Have you ever face the problem yet?
@Brownard the user @Nordfinn reminded me in the MP2.5 release thead, that he still has this issue. I could not reproduce it as...
Still trying to solve this: I get no audio from the second picture in PiP mode. Log files of my attempting to do so are attached...
Replies
Views
And this is the follow-up thread, which includes log files: PiP audio problem
And this is the follow-up thread, which includes log files: PiP audio problem
I just updated from 2.4. Update did not conserve my channels or epg plug-in or anything, looks like, which of course was a...
Replies
Views
Nice you could resolve the issue!
Nice you could resolve the issue!
I have MediaPortal 2.5 Server installed on one computer and Mediaportal 2.5 client on another. The client is connected to the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Delete recordings DE
Hi, please check the yellow box (almost bottom of the page) about deleting recordings in the wiki. It’s possible to delete recordings, if access is guaranted. I’m not sure which connection problems you have. Normally the client is directly connected to the server on startup. In case you feel it’s too long, please describe the issue...
Hi, please check the yellow box (almost bottom of the page) about deleting recordings in the wiki. It’s possible to delete...
Hi, I can't seem to find any posts in this forum or on the wiki on deleting recordings. I am currently running 2.4.1 and there...
Replies
Views
I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at all. I just wanted to: understand current Status & Situation understand my Options for a stable System improve my Knowledge & learn from Experts Especially because your limited Dev Resources and the...
I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at...
Hello Folks, Yesterday I upgraded to Mediaportal 2.5 via uninstalling 2.4.1 first and then install the latest .NET6 Variant of...
Replies
Views
The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I prefer the buttons that I use most-frequently to be positioned near the center of the remote, which is not the case with that particular Dell remote. :( Battery life is often a problem. A remote that I...
The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I...
In Dec 2020: I purchased 2 remotes for my new HTPC install, eg: HP USB MCE IR RC6 Wireless Receiver and TSGH-IR02 Windows Media...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Next version of MP2 DE
Sure, the explannation was unfortunately for MP1, so unvalid for MP2. Extract the content in the folder "onlinevideos" of attached zip file to "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\OnlineVideos\SiteUtils\". Most pages are broken, if you just want to add Netflix the "OnlineVideos.Sites.ministerK.dll" should be enough I think. In...
Sure, the explannation was unfortunately for MP1, so unvalid for MP2. Extract the content in the folder "onlinevideos" of attached...
Hi, It’s since longer time quite silent about MP2. When do you plan the next release and what the planned features and bug fixes? :)
Replies
Views
Hi CyberSimion Have now got MP 1.31 working ok Stopped Network Adaptor waking computer (Computer now not waking from sleep other than to record scheduled programs) Activated Power Scheduler and ticked all boxes under EPG tag (XmLTv guide now downloaded and installed as scheduled) I think my problem with MP 1.32 install re scheduled...
Hi CyberSimion Have now got MP 1.31 working ok Stopped Network Adaptor waking computer (Computer now not waking from sleep other...
I have just installed MP 2.4 I have set up for ICE TV XMTV guide Followed all instructions for set up ( as for MP 1 ) Guide...
Replies
Views
I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
Hi, I have just upgraded from MP 2.2.2 to MP 2.4.1, and now the client won't start. I see the splash screen, and then it just...
Replies
Views
So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because the movie list is splitted into chunks of a specified size and responses for each chunk are concentrated into the result list :) private async Task<string> GenerateResponseWithGPT(string searchQuery...
So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because...
Hi, I'm planning to write a plugin for MediaPortal 2, that supports users to find the right media items with help of AI...
Replies
Views
I have never used DVB-S/S2 (satellite), but I do use DVB-T/T2 (terrestrial), and I think that the behaviour would be the same. Generally, when performing a rescan, the recommendation is to select the Enable channel movement detection setting. Wherever possible, this will cause TV Server to: Preserve the channel selection status...
I have never used DVB-S/S2 (satellite), but I do use DVB-T/T2 (terrestrial), and I think that the behaviour would be the same...
Hi, I am using MP2 with DVBS2 for longer time. sevral channel have changed their name (eg "Welt der Wunder -> Lilo.tv). Is there a...
Replies
Views
Today my PVR disk died, taking with it a load of old recorded TV programmes. I swapped in a spare drive but I see that MP2 still thinks the old recordings exist. I expected the metadata for the recordings to be in same folder as the PVR but apparently not. How do I make MP2 forget about these old recordings? Needless to say, I tried...
Today my PVR disk died, taking with it a load of old recorded TV programmes. I swapped in a spare drive but I see that MP2 still...
Today my PVR disk died, taking with it a load of old recorded TV programmes. I swapped in a spare drive but I see that MP2 still...
Replies
Views
@Greenhorn7 If you want to shutdown the PC by mapping a single button, you can do following. Go to settings/plugins/launcher/add application and add following application: Now go to settings/plugins/launcher/application menu and link sleep to the e.g. "Menu 1" Now map in settings/input devices/action shortcuts the configured...
@Greenhorn7 If you want to shutdown the PC by mapping a single button, you can do following. Go to settings/plugins/launcher/add...
Dear forum, I am having an issue with Flirc connected to MP2. Most keys are working fine, but when pressing the OK button, I am...
Replies
Views
Make sure the "Configure Windows Energy Saving" settings in MP2 have not changed >Settings/General/System, they should be as in the screenshot below. Failing that you should check in Windows "Power Options" itself that everything is as it should be.
Make sure the "Configure Windows Energy Saving" settings in MP2 have not changed >Settings/General/System, they should be as in the...
Hi, MP2 (V:2.41.1) has been working fine for ages. I have the PowerScheduler set to power off after 10min, but now it doesn't...
Replies
Views
@CyberSimian Thank you very much. That has worked!!
@CyberSimian Thank you very much. That has worked!!
Do live TV subtitles work for TV in Australia? If so what are the settings? I am a 74 year old with hearing impairment and have...
Replies
Views
That’s not possible, MP2 is not YouTube. There are several skins with different appearance and skin settings. I really recommend you check the wiki first. Most things you ask are documented. PS: A thumbnail should be shown if named correctly (see wiki again) and recognized by the importer. But it will be located within the OSD bar...
That’s not possible, MP2 is not YouTube. There are several skins with different appearance and skin settings. I really recommend...
Here is the video in screenshot, but when I click video nothing happened.
Replies
Views
Thanks for the information. I completely new to this topic but your reply is exactly what I needed. Appreciate it!
Thanks for the information. I completely new to this topic but your reply is exactly what I needed. Appreciate it!
After initially having some success with MP2 (ver. 2.4.1).....I've been trying to get TVMosaic to work. Now, I seem to have...
Replies
Views
This is an English thread. the problem is not described clearly, but it’s the question is about auto login of an user in MP2 and not windows.
This is an English thread. the problem is not described clearly, but it’s the question is about auto login of an user in MP2 and...
I thought I'd done all necessary steps to get Auto Login to work though it seems not. Manual login gets me to what I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Ok, thanks for the User Management tip - I now get what I would expect. Now all I have to do is to figure out how to make Auto Login do what it says on the tin. The only way to make it work is to manually log in each time. Any hints as to what I'm missing with the login system?
Ok, thanks for the User Management tip - I now get what I would expect. Now all I have to do is to figure out how to make Auto...
So "Resume playback from" only works when MediaPortal 2 has NOT been turned off, meaning if I shut MediaPortal 2 down, restart it...
Replies
Views
Please read here how to report problems.
Please read here how to report problems.
Before I start with the problem in detail, please confirm this is the correct thread for this issue. Server and client worked until...
Replies
Views
This is an English thread, please move your posts to the French section. Thanks.
This is an English thread, please move your posts to the French section. Thanks.
Fresh (first) install of Media Portal 2 on Windows 8 computer. After what appears to be a successful installation (from my admin...
Replies
Views
Manny was not online for 3 years, so the chance for an answer is very low. Please upload log files as mentioned in the other thread you started.
Manny was not online for 3 years, so the chance for an answer is very low. Please upload log files as mentioned in the other thread...
I am new to MediaPortal and just installed the newest 2.2.3 on a Windows 10. The first few days were fine, we recorded TV and...
Replies
Views
Since you have MP2 you have the option of using the TV Mosaic server. Give it a try, you don't need to do anything in MP 2 to test its capabilities, just download and install the browser based api (not the MP2 version that supports it at this point) from the MP2 - V2.5 - TVMosaic Provider for MP2 thread, let it use your tuners and do...
Since you have MP2 you have the option of using the TV Mosaic server. Give it a try, you don't need to do anything in MP 2 to test...
Hopefully a simple question: I have not watched Free-to-air satellite TV for months and so unsurprisingly the other day when I...
Replies
Views
Thanks for that. I found "Chnlineup" in the Sky grab and "FreesatEPG" in the Freesat grab and enabled them both in EPG Collector, and also set them as the EPG grabber for radio in MP2. But here's the odd thing: The next time I opened the XMLTV EPG mapper (where you map actual channels to channels available in the EPG), the radio...
Thanks for that. I found "Chnlineup" in the Sky grab and "FreesatEPG" in the Freesat grab and enabled them both in EPG Collector...
Following on from this thread: Previously I used EPG Collector very successfully to grab a 7 day OTA EPG which included the EPG...
Replies
Views
Delved into this a bit more....and realised that MP1 TV Services was still present/running. Disabling that seems to have fixed the problem!
Delved into this a bit more....and realised that MP1 TV Services was still present/running. Disabling that seems to have fixed the...
After what initially appeared to be a good start with MP2.....Live TV is now totally inaccessible and a Time shift error is...
Replies
Views
Thanks for that.....sorted now I think!! :)
Thanks for that.....sorted now I think!! :)
Hi.....have used MP1 for some years now....and finally got around to giving MP2 a real go today :) Having setup a TV recordings...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom