auto detect ar (1 Viewer)

cheffe97

Portal Pro
August 10, 2004
Berlin, Germany
this is a new idea I had for tv and movies:

I find it very annoying to always have to switch aspect ratio to best fit my screen (projector). So this is my idea:

1. Detect the "real" AR of source material (tv / movie) w/o black bars. That means MP has to do an edge detection (or whatevr it is called din english ;-)

2. MP knows what the resolution and ar of the destination (screen) is.

3. MP resizes the source material w/o black bars to best fit the destination screen.

Hope I find fans for this idea :)

cheffe

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
Replies
Views
Hi @el Filou Ok I understand, that not easy :( So for now ReClock is the best :)
Hi @el Filou Ok I understand, that not easy :( So for now ReClock is the best :)
Description of Change This branch will permit to have madVR renderer to MP1, thanks to Tourettes for this and Madshi. This branch...
Replies
Views
I've many movies with multiple fanart generated from the movie. If you, as me, are tired of fanart is stretched out of proportion in MP for non-16/9 pics, then you can add black bars to the fanart pics instead. Then IrfanView is your friend, because this can be done in one batch process for all your fanart. For instance you can...
I've many movies with multiple fanart generated from the movie. If you, as me, are tired of fanart is stretched out of proportion...
I've many movies with multiple fanart generated from the movie. If you, as me, are tired of fanart is stretched out of proportion...
Replies
Views
Just wanted to add that that the fix is working great, as well on my system no more weired resolutions... Thank you guys for taking care!
Just wanted to add that that the fix is working great, as well on my system no more weired resolutions... Thank you guys for taking...
EDIT by Sebastiii : *************************************** Added Installer with possible fix : INSTALLER...
Replies
Views
Haha, holidays will do that to you i guess.. ;) Coming back here after some time is only because the old mtn is still not working correctly in MP 1.2.3 and i couldn't find any info on whether thumbnailing will be fixed in 1.3.0. Good thing you made this i say :) Thanks alot for the quick work! I'll test it right away.Works like a...
Haha, holidays will do that to you i guess.. ;) Coming back here after some time is only because the old mtn is still not working...
All, Please find attached a "replacement" for the MTN.exe thumbnailer used by Mediaportal. Due to MTN being a dead project with...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom