Tools and other software Auto-on, and sleep of PC (1 Viewer)

Nielsen

Portal Pro
December 6, 2004
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi

To save power on my pc I don’t want it to run 24/7 but would like to “program” it to be on in the time after work and to bed time (e.g. 4pm to 11pm, and maybe longer in weekends).
For that I’m looking for some “power management” software that can do the job for me.
I have searched google but have not been able to find some freeware for it.

So my hope is some in this forum know/use that kind of software??

Oh one more thing. Preferable media portal can “overrule” the program in case of a recording.

thanks

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Doesn't powerscheduler in conjunction with sleeptimer do what you want.

Powerscheduler will keep pc awake as long as you are running media inside MP, sleeptimer will give you the doze factor, just in case your weary.

and of course the above will wake up and put back to sleep for your recording schedules.

Other option is use ForTheRecord in conjunction with windows own power settings (powerscheduler needs to be disabled) and that does exactly the same thing.

But SleepTimer is so sweet and can be used with both of the above :)

torbjorn

Portal Member
    November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The power scheduler plugin in the TV-server does exactly this. You can set an interval in which the computer is not allowed to go to sleep, e.g. between 4 pm and 11 pm. My TV-server, which also is one of my clients, is always on between 6 pm and 01 am and whenever it is recording something on other times.

Nielsen

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2004
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Thank you for your reply’s.

I don’t know the “sleeptimer” since I’m still using af very old version og MP.
    Can the sleeptimer plugin be set to allway go to sleep a the same time every day e.g. 11pm?
    Is far as I know the power scheduler plugin does not make it possible to set different weak-up times depending of week day or weekends??

Torbjorn:
    How do you put your PC in to sleep after 01am??

torbjorn

Portal Member
    November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    My settings in MP and TV-server configs is shown on the attached images. The system hibernates after being idle for 5 minutes but is only allowed to hibernate between 1 am and 8 pm. The system will consequently always be up and running between 8 pm and 1 am and will be hibernated the rest of the time (unless I'm using it or TV-server is recording something).

MP.jpg
    TVServer.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom