Auto Organiser request (1 Viewer)

McCookieM

September 30, 2011
Fife
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm looking for a plugin that takes the hassle out of setting up all the channels and groups. I don't think one exists yet which i can't believe considering how long it takes.

I'm in the UK and receive my feeds through a satellite receiver card. As the channels move / change / disappear / appear on a regular basis, this is also hard to stay on top of.

I was thinking about this problem and wondered why you couldn't grab the web page from http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php for example (This is for the Astra 28.2E satellite). It has everything all on one page - all the transponder setups, channels, SIDs, etc. Even channel group names.

Obviously you don't want to make this theoretic plugin an automatic update as you wouldn't want to put the great kingofsat website under strain at a certain time every day.

I would have written the plugin myself as I am a applications developer (Oracle) but have no experience with C#. I've had a play around with Visual C# Express and looked at the existing TV plugins source code and the 2 tutorials that exist on creating Windows plugins and TV plugins but realised i definately won't have the time to learn the language AND develop and scraping / parsing plugin.

Anyone out there up for the challenge?

(Fingers crossed)
Cookie

McCookieM

September 30, 2011
Fife
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Yep. Better than what i was thinking. I knew the Sky boxes got an update via the satellite as the channels were always correct, but thought it would be harder to grab and decode that stream rather than scrape a website.

Excellent work.

Now to add one group of my own to stick in those handy "Extra channels" available from the satellite but not in the Sky setup.

Thanks again Blu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom