Auto Resolution For Video Playback (1 Viewer)

playedalive

August 6, 2009
Hi
I have auto refresh-rate working perfectly, but I am interested if an auto resolution is possible. I attempted this with reclock and vista media center but could never get the script to work. the idea is as followed:

When playing back a video the resolution and refreshrate of the video card will be matched as close as possible to the video. For example:

Anything equal to or less than 720x576 (SD) change the resolution to 720x576 (interlaced or progressive) and the corresponding refreshrate of the content

Anything greater than 720x576 or equal to 1280x720 set the resolution to 1280x720p (interlaced or progressive) along with the videos refresh rate

Anything greater than 1280x720 set the resolution to 1920x1080 (interlaced or progressive)

Is this possible? I want this to work as i use a Reon HQV scaler which does a far better job then a well setup ffdshow scaler.

playedalive

August 6, 2009
ok thanks, I understand this it is not possible inside of mp but from what i can gather is that it may still be possible with reclock. I have asked around on the reclock forum and have been told it is possible but just not how to code the vb script.

omel

Portal Member
August 14, 2011
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
ok thanks, I understand this it is not possible inside of mp but from what i can gather is that it may still be possible with reclock. I have asked around on the reclock forum and have been told it is possible but just not how to code the vb script.

any luck on this ?

bberger

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2009
    Leobersdorf near Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I'm pretty sure that however you set up your scaling options via ffdshow - there is no way to get as good results as with an HW-Scaler that cost's a lot of money - with good reason.

Btw. interested in this topic too as I have gotten my hands on a pretty good scaler recently..

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    wouldnt you already have upscaled a bit if you play video in another resolution than the native ones from the gfx card? Scaling from one resolution and up/down to one very close to the videos resolution is a bad idea

bberger

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2009
    Leobersdorf near Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    wouldnt you already have upscaled a bit if you play video in another resolution than the native ones from the gfx card? Scaling from one resolution and up/down to one very close to the videos resolution is a bad idea

??

When I put out a native 720p-Video with 1280x720-Resolution and let the scaler do the upconversion to 1080p -> where exactly is the scaling before the signal goes into the scaler?!

Zeppelin

Portal Pro
    August 5, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi there any news on this, especially when it comes to Live TV?

I have a Dreambox and a Samsung LE40C650. If I let the Dreambox do the upscaling to 1920x1080 the image quality it ok but not very good in most cases.
    With the Dreambox plugin Autoresolution I let the dreambox do exactly nothing when it comes to scaling. Any TV signal will be put to the TV in its native resolution. With that I have a massive quality boost.

Now with Live TV in Mediaportal the image quality is ok but by no means comparable to the Dreambox WITH Autoresolution.

Is there any chance to achieve somethin like that in Mediaportal or Windows 7 64bit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom