Auto3D plugin for MediaPortal 1.2 - 1.12 (GUI & TV/Beamer) (5 Viewers)

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A test version compatible with MediaPortal 1.12 is available in the first thread.

It has initial support for USB IR Toy.

http://dangerousprototypes.com/docs/USB_Infrared_Toy

The goal is to support ALL devices with RC5 remote control protocol till the release of MediaPortal 1.13 :)

ATTENTION: This is only experimental! (You will need firmware 2.4, see Dangerous Prototypes forum for that version.)

The format for the XML configuration files was changed. Therefore the setup will overwrite existing XML configurations. Please backup you original XML files if necessary.

More details will follow...

Last edited:

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Wow! :)

Thank you very much. I will merge this with my latest changes. But it will take some time, as I have to finish another topic first.
    I will come back to this next week.

Thank you so much for sharing your code! (y)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I eventually got around testing that plug-in as I'm planning to watch some 3D content over the holiday season :)
    I like very much how you can still browse MP while your 3D content is playing.
    Since I was having issues with the auto switch I did configure the 3D menu to open when hitting the HID MCE Ext3 command and that works great.

However it seems that it's starving MediaPortal from some of the HID commands. For instance the 'Recorded TV' and Teletext Red, Green, Yellow and Blue keys are not reaching MP anymore when that plug-in is enabled. Though funny enough the 'Guide' HID command is still working. I understand you switched to SharpLibHid. You may want to review your usage of it.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had a very quick look at the source code and could not find the place where you are using SharpLibHid. I could just have missed it though.
    I'm not even sure how you can starve other applications from HID messages TBH, maybe it has something to do with the return value from WM_INPUT.
    In any case I just double checked with the HID demo from the SharpLibHid project and it does not have this issue.
    You can take a look at the HID demo source code here:
    https://sharplibhid.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest#MainForm.cs

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Actually it probably has something to do with your handling of WM_INPUT in respect to MP process plug-in framework. I remember ShortCuter plugin having a similar issue at some point.
    Maybe @nicsergio could tell us what was the problem and how he fixed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom