Auto3D plugin for MediaPortal 1.2 - 1.12 (GUI & TV/Beamer) (5 Viewers)

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry you spent so much time on that issue.
    Does it really hangs completely during startup? Why would that USB device send WM_INPUT like this without anyone using it?
    You've got some cool hardware by the way :)
    Can you try the build published there and tell me if it fixes your problem?

Hi @Stéphane Lenclud, I testet your version from the link and it seems to solve the problem.

Adam86

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello there,

Just recently got a 3D TV (Samsung JU7500 series) and have been setting up this plugin.

However for some reason when the plugin prompts me the 3D type and I select whatever the film is, e.g SBS, and then manually set my TV to SBS it just doesn't look quite right? The image feels kind of blocky/lower quality?? like its doubled up ever so slightly? I can't really explain it but if i disable the plugin and play the file manually and set my TV into SBS it looks top quality.

Hope that makes sense.

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I decided to bring out an initial version for 1.13 as tests on my TV went well at least for the major functions. :)

The major feature of this relese is support for the Philips jointSPACE v5 protocol which is used by all Philips TVs since 2013.

It was completely developed by user @yartat who did a brilliant refactoring of my Philips code.
    He also improved the method to match 3D format from filename. And @yartat is already working on another improvement.
    At this point big "Thank you" from me. (y)

From me is just a bugfix for a problem that caused some HID devices not to work properly, as some keys where dead as soon as the Auto3D plugin was active (and some minor fixes).

See first post for download...

@Stéphane Lenclud : Sorry I was not able to test you version yet, as the HTPC was blocked by the family. ;)

Fantastic team work guys! The one show stopper for me was the remote bug and that's now fixed.
    Here is some feedback:
    3D auto detection based on format never works for me for some reason. I only have SBS both TS and MKV.
    2D auto detection works.
    Enabling both TV channel name and format detection together breaks when switching back to 2D has they appear to both kick in and try to run the macro at the same time which obviously never gets the TV where it needs to be.
    Would it be possible to have a detection based on video track name too?
    I've got MKVs with 2D and 3D video tracks.
    Would it be possible to disable 3D subtitle rendering if a subtitle track name contains 3D?
    Would it be possible to somehow adjust subtitle offset from within MP as you watch a movie?
    Switch back to 2D when closing MP is not quite working but I think I mentioned that earlier.
    Using the name of the HID command instead of the number would be a plus.
    Was the source code updated on GitHub?

"3D auto detection based on format never works..."

Do you mean "video analysis"?

I have tested a lot of movies here with the following settings:

upload_2016-2-5_21-41-12.png

The format was always recognized.

Can you confirm, that you have the same settings?
    I want to be sure that we are talking about the same.

Last edited:

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Adam86 , @richardc1983 :

Can you provide more details? What kind of material are you playing, SBS or TAB?
    What does pixelated mean? Can you make photo of the effect?

I assume your Samsung TV is not of the H-Series or Tizen based?
    I ask this, because these TVs will not work, as Samsung refuses to provide any documentation about the remote protocol (which is encrypted).

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    My Samsung tv is a UE48H6400 - I haven't installed this on mine so can't say if it would work or not. Will it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom