[Approved] Auto3D - ViewModeSwitcher 3D correction (1 Viewer)

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The user @wouter1971 pointed me to a problem with 3D movies. Whenever a 3D movie is stretched by ViewModeSwitcher to avoid black bars, this leads to a strange effects on the screen.

I made a picture to explain the problem:

ViewModeSwitcher3DCorrection.jpg

The following branch corrects this problem:

https://github.com/UnlimitedStack/MediaPortal-1-Auto3D/tree/EXP_AUTO3D_VIEWMODESWITCHER_CORRECTION

Last edited by a moderator:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

I did look at the code - it seems OK (since as far as I can see it only affects things when MP is in '3D' mode). Can't comment any further since I have no real knowledge/interest in the 3D stuff.

This is too late for 1.6.0 pre-release (IMO) - it's not a show-stopper (in terms of that release).

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Owlsroost, i have tested the new solution of Auto3D from Marcus. It works fine. The only thing i found was with a movietitlescreen, that with zoom of 21:9 inside 16:9 not the middle part is zoomed but the right part of the screen. That is not how zoom supposed to work.
    So it zoom's now [xxxxxxxx[-------ZOOM-------] instead of [xxxx[-------ZOOM-------]xxxx]

If fixed please add it to 1.6.0.

Last edited:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Owlsroost, i have tested the new solution of Auto3D from Marcus. It works fine. The only thing i found was with a movietitlescreen, that with zoom of 21:9 inside 16:9 not the middle part is zoomed but the right part of the screen. That is not how zoom supposed to work.
    So it zoom's now [xxxxxxxx[-------ZOOM-------] instead of [xxxx[-------ZOOM-------]xxxx]

You need to attach logs (with 'verbose' VMS logging enabled) - I can't comment otherwise....

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I will asap if you need that Owlsroost, but i guess it's not a Viewmodeswitcher problem but an Auto3D problem(?), because of how it delivers the image to Viewmodeswitcher. Marcus is aware of the issue, he will confirm it when he has time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom