[Usability] Automatic sleep after a set period of no control input (1 Viewer)

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,

I have a problem with the missus in that she'll often turn the TV off but leave the mediapc streaming from the server. What would be great is if MP had an autosleep function so that after a user defined period of time and no input from either keyboard or remote the system suspends. It would be great if a pop up occured on the screen with the single question 'Keep watching TV' and a single button 'Yes' that stops the countdown process. I think the countdown process would kick in with about 5 minutes to go before user defined time out occurs.

Cheers,

Chris

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This could possibly be achieved by a 3rd party plugin or 3rd party software as it is more of a niche feature. You could easily script this yourself just make a program that detects keyboard + remote input and forces computer to sleep after 2 hours. If you are not using [x] keep mediaportal on top, then a simple popup that occurs with 2 minutes to go can go on top of mediaportal. You could probably do this in autohotkey.

For me I would say that this is too niche a feature.

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have a Intel NUC as MePo client and a TV in bedroom, sometimes I fall asleep watching TV - pointless to keep TV on when I'm sleeping...
    So my power options on the client (windows 7 power options) are set to turn off screen after 1 hour, so if I do not touch the remote it will turn off the screen. My TV is set to turn off after no signal for 15 minutes.
    So.. if I do not change channel or something in MePo for one hour the screen goes blank and 15 minutes after that the TV turns off.

Well, this does not solve your case ... but right below is the option to put the computer to sleep.. I haven't tried that setting or any other of the advanced settings - but I think you should. There just may be something in there that you can use to get the computer to act the way you want to.

Attachments

• power options.JPG
      power options.JPG
      36.9 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom