Automatically Re-Tune Periodically (1 Viewer)

vapourEyes

Portal Pro
July 31, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Country flag
Started on: 2020-03-19
last update: 2020-03-19

Summary:
FreeView AV systems embedded in TV sets and FreeView boxes automatically re-tune on a set period.
MediaPortal is a FreeView system. Should we introduce this capability ?

Area:
TV Tuner

Description:
The TvTuner may soon be able to tune the strongest channel. This may increase its reliability in channel detection and selection.
If that works well, we could periodically re-tune and take the strongest channels automagically into the guide.
We could surface an option to do this, with an associated period of activation. Since its TV Tuner, it happens seemlessly even while being watched by the user. Ideally we'd need to add the new channel to the EPG scanned channels too.

Last edited by a moderator:

vapourEyes

Portal Pro
July 31, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Country flag
Hello,

I haven;t forgotten about this thread.
I think the next step is to look into the existing UI stuff and extend it to incorporate it.

@Jasmeet_181 : thanks for sharing the detail !

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Turns out filtering at 10000 ch number is not a good idea. Filtering Unknown is better.
Turns out filtering at 10000 ch number is not a good idea. Filtering Unknown is better.
Started on: 2020-03-16 last update: 2020-06-30 Summary: When multiple FreeView Transmitters are available in a single area, you...
Replies
Views
Many thanks for your fast response. Hopefully I'll get to work through these items in the next few days. Kind regards.
Many thanks for your fast response. Hopefully I'll get to work through these items in the next few days. Kind regards.
Hi, I'm new to the world of HTPC and Media Portal but I've decided to give it a go since my Pioneer DVR-LX60D PVR failed and is...
Replies
Views
MPExtended (Mobil access) for MP2 only for TV access It's available and properly working since beginning of this year... I've used it until I switched over from DVB-S to SAT>IP in Spring 2018 where such things are no longer necessary at all.
MPExtended (Mobil access) for MP2 only for TV access It's available and properly working since beginning of this year... I've used...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Final Since the recent release of MediaPortal 2.2pre, we fixed some minor things. We now...
Replies
Views
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Pre-Release It has been some time since last release, but we were intensively working on the implementation of new features and some fundamental changes in the core of MediaPortal 2. As a result, we proudly present the next major release of MediaPortal 2 in version 2.2. MediaPortal 2.2 is a...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Pre-Release It has been some time since last release, but we were intensively working on...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Pre-Release It has been some time since last release, but we were intensively working on...
Replies
Views
Sounds good. What version of MP will TV3 3.5 be released with, and any rough idea of when?
Sounds good. What version of MP will TV3 3.5 be released with, and any rough idea of when?
Started on: 2015-07-03 last update: Summary: Channels that are not visible in the guide (checkbox unchecked) should not have a...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom