Automatically record a single program, even if there is a gap in the EPG (1 Viewer)

elsmandino

Portal Pro
March 3, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
There may well be a facility for this already (if so, I would be really grateful for details), but I am always being caught out by Films being shown on Channel 5, whereby they have a 2 minute news break and I forget to only record the first half.

There was a really clever TAP on my old Topfield that automatically carried on recording throughout the news all the way to the end of the second half of the film. I think you could also specify how long the gap could be before it was considered not to be the same program.

Anything like this for MP would be great.

elsmandino

Portal Pro
March 3, 2011
Home Country
Good point. I very rarely use record current program (I watch almost no live TV anymore) - I would assume that the same thing would happen if I recorded this way.

It is not a major problem. It is just that it is so easy to set a record on the EPG for a film and realise that I have only recorded the first half - especially irritating if I have watched the first half.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    There's no work around that I know of for this, even FTR does not record second half of film unless told to :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom