Autoplay Problems (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    1)
    Selecting the setting shown in the attached screenshot kills autoplay for CDs [possibly other disk media types also(not checked)], Win 10 sees the disk come online but MP does nothing, regardless of the Audio Autoplay settings in MP config. CD will still play using "Play Disk". With the setting unchecked CD autoplay works per the MP Config settings, see 1st logs.
    settings.jpg
    2)
    Changing the Autoplay settings (Home screen >Settings>General>Autoplay) has no effect for any of the media types. I have to go to MP Config>DVD Discs/Images>Autoplay to change the settings. Furthermore the state of the MP Config. Autoplay settings are not reflected correctly in those shown in the Home screen settings. Same results with Titan, DWHD and ARES skins.
    See 2nd logs, MP Config setting for Audio to "Play" and GUI settings to Don't play and Ask resp.> CD plays.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am very disapointed not to have received a response to this bug report beyond the comment by @catavolt.:(I also note that based on a quick test I carried out on MP 1.17 Final release of today, these bugs have not been resolved!(n)
    Not a great encouragement for me to test pre-releases in the future.:whistle:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

Thanks for the report.

1) Selecting the setting shown in the attached screenshot kills autoplay for CDs [possibly other disk media types also(not checked)]...
    I confirm.

JIRA: [MP1-4875] Autoplay doesn't work when ignore resolution changes setting enabled - MediaPortal JIRA
    Branch: GitHub - MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1 at MP1-4875-BUG-Autoplay_doesnt_work_when_ignore_resolution_changes_setting_enabled

P.S. In general enabling this setting is strongly discouraged (it's a hack/workaround for badly behaved drivers/hardware which may be removed in future). You may experience a range of problems after enabling it. The team may or may not attempt to fix those problems. Consider yourself lucky this time around. ;)

2) Changing the Autoplay settings (Home screen >Settings>General>Autoplay) has no effect for any of the media types.
    I can't confirm.

There is a bug: "audio" and "video" text are swapped. In other words, if you select "audio", you see the value for the video setting... and if you change the audio setting, you actually change the video setting.

JIRA: [MP1-4874] GUI settings: general autoplay video and audio are reversed - MediaPortal JIRA
    Branch: GitHub - MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1 at MP1-4874-BUG-GUI_settings_general_autoplay_video_and_audio_are_reversed

However aside from that everything works. In particular the photos setting works perfectly.

How are you determining that the settings have no effect? (Checking MediaPortal.xml for changes is not a valid way to check the effects because the settings are only saved to file when MP is closed.)
    Are you sure that there's no effect for all media types?

Furthermore the state of the MP Config. Autoplay settings are not reflected correctly in those shown in the Home screen settings.
    I confirm that the video and audio texts are swapped in the home screen settings... but nothing more.

I am very disapointed...
    On one hand I can understand why you feel that way.

On the other hand I honestly feel a bit annoyed/irritated. Please don't be offended or take that the wrong way. It's just that personally I've had almost zero time for MediaPortal in the last few months. I haven't written a single line of code during that time, and I've barely responded to forum posts. This is not unusual for many of our team members. While I'm very grateful for the time you've taken to test, investigate and report this bug (and many other bugs/features! (y) ), I'd really appreciate it if you could please "cut us a little more slack". Speed of response is not indicative of our lack of appreciation; it's a sign of how busy we are. ;)

Regards,
    mm

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    P.S. In general enabling this setting is strongly discouraged (it's a hack/workaround for badly behaved drivers/hardware which may be removed in future). You may experience a range of problems after enabling it. The team may or may not attempt to fix those problems. Consider yourself lucky this time around. ;)
    Please note I have not used this setting ever since you identified it as the reason why autoplay was not working for me (old post) and for which I am truely grateful.;)
    I fully accept that it is "strongly discouraged" by you however I regularly see the setting recomended particularly to resolve Madvr issues. I would have no problems if it was removed.
    There is a bug: "audio" and "video" text are swapped. In other words, if you select "audio", you see the value for the video setting... and if you change the audio setting, you actually change the video setting.
    However aside from that everything works. In particular the photos setting works perfectly.
    o_O Armed with the knowledge that Audio and Video are swaped round I have retested in 1.17 final and agree with you response, not sure why I got photos wrong but I'm sure you can understand why my report was not quite right.
    Swap the Start and Stop wiring on a machine and you will only get reports that it is not working, nobody will ever hit the stop switch if it is not running.:D

Sorry to hear of the time pressure, I really do appreciate the product and super support, I'll try to be more patient,(y) even longer than 2 weeks:p

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...however I regularly see the setting recomended particularly to resolve Madvr issues.
    Hmmm :(

@Sebastiii
    Please don't recommend that people enable the "ignore..." setting. Instead, please ask them to start a new thread with log files. Thanks. :)

Thanks for the follow up testing. I guess the two fixes will be included in the next release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom