Aver3d h727 - Sucess and failure (1 Viewer)

Zappcola

Portal Member
December 7, 2011
Home Country
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.1.0
MediaPortal Skin: Streamed MP
Windows Version: Win 7 Ultimate 64x
CPU Type: Intel E8500 @ 3.33 ghz
HDD:
Memory:
Motherboard:
Video Card: Nvidia Gainward GTX 550 ti
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Aver3d H727 3D
1. TV Card Type: Hybrid - Analog DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Silverstone LC16-M
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: imon ipad
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

My first post:
1 week into my new htpc and I've been able to get my imon ipad going aliong with the vfd.
Also got my aver3d analogue working with the InterVideo WINDVR3 encoder from softpedia however I cant get the capture input from the tuner working, GraphEdit will tell me the dev location and WinDVR3 and Stereoscopic Player will show me the source but tv server wont...
I think the capture section of the card is seperate all-together, i just dont know.
The card is a BDA tuner so should work.. right?
Is there any way to add the device manually, or has anyone got capture inputs working?
this is a great card I just dont want to use the stock software, please dont waste your time teling me to buy another card or something like that.

Any help on this or similar would be amazing
If I've left anything out or this is in the wrong forum section let me know

Thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi and welcome Zappcola :)

Have you tried clicking "add s-video channels" in the scan section for the analog tuner? If so, are any channels added to your channel list?

Also got my aver3d analogue working with the InterVideo WINDVR3 encoder from softpedia however I cant get the capture input from the tuner working, GraphEdit will tell me the dev location and WinDVR3 and Stereoscopic Player will show me the source but tv server wont...
    The question would be how the driver presents the physical inputs to the system. If the capture inputs are on a crossbar filter that doesn't have tuner inputs then I'm sorry to tell you that they won't work in TV Server. You can check that in GraphEdit by examining the Aver filters in the "WDM streaming crossbar" category". Some screenshots would be useful, as would the files from the C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\AnalogCard directory (note that is a hidden folder so paste the path into the Windows Explorer address bar or enable viewing of hidden files and folders).

I think the capture section of the card is seperate all-together, i just dont know.
    Checking the crossbar filter as described above will tell you that. If there are two crossbar filters (one for tuner, one for HDMI) then you're out of luck.

The card is a BDA tuner so should work.. right?
    The tuner input will work but not necessarily the capture inputs. TV Server is simply not designed for capture inputs. The fact that they work for some tuners is a bit of a hack.

Is there any way to add the device manually, or has anyone got capture inputs working?
    If the capture inputs are on a separate crossbar then you'd have to patch the code to enable them to work. It would be a reasonably big job.

this is a great card I just dont want to use the stock software, please dont waste your time teling me to buy another card or something like that.
    I don't know what to say except that if it isn't supported in MediaPortal then it isn't supported in MediaPortal. As much as you may not like it your choices are either buy another card or use different software... or add support in the MP code if you're able.

mm

Zappcola

Portal Member
    December 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Thanks for the nice detailed reply :)

Have you tried clicking "add s-video channels" in the scan section for the analog tuner? If so, are any channels added to your channel list?

adding the svid channels adds both svid and cvbs and when I attemp to add or edit these I can see other sources as well (cap4.png) but each previews black unlike the other WINDVR or the stereoscopic player - these show my source (cap5.png-cap6.png)
    note that the player displays the device name under the video, the same name from GraphEdit

There are 2 crossbar filters but they appear in both the BDA and WDM categories (dunno the significance of this)

Ive included the breakout cable explaination as well

I'm guessing im out of luck,but would it be possible to just add another source to the .xml i have read about this somewhere but I think it was practiced before the introduction of Tv Server

Thanks again

:D

Attachments

• cap1.PNG
      cap1.PNG
      47.4 KB
    • cap2.PNG
      cap2.PNG
      52.7 KB
    • cap3.PNG
      cap3.PNG
      47.7 KB
    • card.PNG
      card.PNG
      166.2 KB
    • cap4.PNG
      cap4.PNG
      61.6 KB
    • cap5.PNG
      cap5.PNG
      270.3 KB
    • cap6.PNG
      cap6.PNG
      266 KB
    • Configuration-3-AVerMedia BDA Analog Tuner.xml
      2.2 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

adding the svid channels adds both svid and cvbs
    Based on the xml configuration file that you supplied you have access to one s-video and one composite input (probably they are shared):

<videoPin type="0" index="0" related="3" /> (tuner video)
    <videoPin type="1" index="1" related="4" /> (composite - CVBS #1)
    <videoPin type="4" index="2" related="5" /> (s-video - SVHS #1)
    <audioPin type="1" index="3" /> (tuner audio)
    <audioPin type="5" index="4" /> (audio line input 1)
    <audioPin type="6" index="5" /> (audio line input 2)

I'm not sure which inputs they correspond to physically speaking, however I would guess that they are the inputs that you are not using. In other words, if you're using the HDMI input then TV Server is looking at the inputs on the breakout cable (and vice-versa).

...and when I attemp to add or edit these I can see other sources as well (cap4.png) but each previews black...
    The source list contains all available sources. In other words, MP supports 3 of each kind of input. You should only use either CVBS #1 or SVHS #1 for video and Line In #1 or Line In #2 for audio. The other inputs don't exist on your card which is why they preview black.

...unlike the other WINDVR or the stereoscopic player - these show my source (cap5.png-cap6.png)
    note that the player displays the device name under the video, the same name from GraphEdit
    Yes, those screenshots show that the other software is using the secondary crossbar. MP uses the main crossbar, reason being that is the only crossbar with tuner inputs. Actually, TV Server first finds the tuner filter (the source in WDM streaming tuner devices) and connects the filters that are required to build a working graph. The secondary crossbar is not needed for that therefore you don't get access to those inputs in MediaPortal.

I'm guessing im out of luck...
    Yes, unfortunately you do appear to be out of luck. :(
    All that I can suggest if you want to keep the card is to try other inputs and see if you can get any video or audio out of the s-video and composite channels that you do have access to. Note that I'd advise testing in MP since the preview function in TV Server configuration isn't reliable unless you have codec merits configured appropriately.
    :sorry:

...but would it be possible to just add another source to the .xml i have read about this somewhere but I think it was practiced before the introduction of Tv Server
    No, it is not possible to add another source to the XML. You are right about that stuff being done before the introduction of TV Server - it was done with MP 0.x where the TV component was not a separate server like it is now.

mm

Zappcola

Portal Member
    December 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Thanks Heaps mm

Ive changed the input from the component to s-video (only slighly less qual) and now it shows in the preview box from Tv Server :D

However in MP I just get black video - with audio.. Im guessing Ive changed a codec or filter somewhere whilst trying to get this to work.

Do you know what codec I should have on-

I have the WINDVR for the analoge tuner to work
    I put on LAV recently (before the capture problem) in order to get my MKVs to play
    I have the avermedia ones from my card and the standard installed ones

I know that I could probably read up on this but I figure you'll be able to answer me much quicker and probably more reliably

Also, where is the Kudos/thanks button for you..? -- Nvr mind I found it

zappcola

:D

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again Zappcola

MediaPortal codec settings are in the codecs and renderer section of MP configuration.

Codecs and Renderer - MediaPortal Wiki

It is basically trial and error until you find something that works. If you've got the LAV filters then they should probably work straight off the bat. Just select the LAV option in each field on the TV tab then restart MP and see how you go.

mm
    :)

Zappcola

Portal Member
    December 7, 2011
    Home Country
    I think my issue might go deeper thank just picking a codec, I've tried pretty much every combination including have LAV set for everything

Ive started this over in the codecs section to see what can be done
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/codecs-331/no-video-audio-only-103383/

Ive put up a log over there - I think it has all the right info in it but please let me know if you think of anything

Thanks again!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom