AVerMedia AVerTV HD DVR MTVHDDVRR PCI-Express x1 (1 Viewer)

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello everyone,

In an effort to save a little we have decided to get out information services from our cable company (I'm in the USA). The price point now makes it cheaper for us to get all of our services from them. The once change that will be happening is that we will now have to use a set top box to get our content (this isn't totally true, there will still be clear QAM stuff). So I have started to think about how to integrate this box into my mediportal machine so we can record HD stuff. Has anyone use this card with media portal? I am thinking that I can use the component output from my HD box for this card, not the HDMI. I'll have to set up a blaster to the box (not looking forward to this).

Does anyone have any experience with this? I have read that it won't record 1080p (but it will do 1080i). I guess that this is also a function of my HD box and what it outputs.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815100049

I just checked and my HD set top box will only output 1080i so this isn't a problem that it will not do 1080p.

Anyone got any info about this card (or maybe another solution that is about the same price and complication level-AVerMedia AVerTV USB HD DVR Digital Video Capture Device MTVUHDDVR HDMI Interface looks good, but it is about $100 USD more but maybe worth is if it has an included set top blaster)?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815100052

Thanks
    Steve

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Steve

I don't think either of the devices that you linked would be supported. Yes it is true that TV Server supports analog s-video, composite and component inputs from tuner cards, but it does not support general video capture cards like you linked. I think you'll need some other software if you want to use that hardware, or different hardware if you want to get this working with TV Server and MediaPortal.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Not really. :(
    Most tuners that I know of (including my own) only support s-video or composite. I had a quick look and found this. Could work...
    The other thing you could look at is the Hauppauge HDPVR. It is an exception to the rule of thumb for capture card support...

motor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 8, 2009
    Regional Victoria
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Just be aware the component input on the e900f is only low res (480 and 576) not 720 or 1080

I "upgraded" to an avermedia capturehd but due to the limitations in MP and the driver configuration of this software encoding card cannot use the component or hdmi inputs. The dvb-t tuner and composite and s video inputs are accessible but the component and hdmi inputs are setup as secondary analogue capture ports. Outside of MP you can use either the component or hdmi inputs as sources to view and or capture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom